• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Help Me Put on a Rimfire Tactical Precision Match

JPT

Private
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2009
Madison, Wisconsin
For any of you who have done one or run one, I'm interested in what worked and what did not. I am starting from square one. None of the clubs around here do them. I just convinced my club to put one or two on next season.

I will have about 3-4 hours and a 200yd rifle range and a 50yd pistol range at my disposal. The club has target stands but not much else I'd use. It is primarily a trap club - this is a bold step for the club to take, so I want it to be a success so we keep it going.

Thanks,

John

Re: Help Me Put on a Rimfire Tactical Precision Match

Do a google search for rimfire match . This should pull up the saugus shooting club in ca. They have a nice r/fire program.

Thanks for the link, Shooter65.

I've been trying to lead our club in this direction over the 2009 shooting season as well. Who knows, maybe 2010 will be the year we get one of these matches off the ground as well?

If you need more info let me know.
Timberwolf here on the hide runs the matches.

Was it Timberwolf who posted some video links of the California shoots?

If so, I'd sure like to get a hold of those links and email some of our club members those video links to watch. Action video is worth more then a thousand words I'm thinking.
smile.gif

Thanks Shooter65, that's one of them.

I was thinking there was another where a competitior was being pulled along in a trailer behind a 4-wheeler while he engaged targets along the route.

Re: Help Me Put on a Rimfire Tactical Precision Ma

3-4 hours is not very long.

LV Targets has lots of cheap 22 rated mini-IPSC's
Send Boyette a PM, he's done one before.

I will have two ranges and I think I will limit to 20 shooters for the first match. I want to make sure it works well. So - 90 to 120 minutes for 5 stages for 10 people seems reasonable. Some stages will allow for multiple shooters at once.

But, this is why I am posting. Am I wrong on this? What am I missing? Or, does my logic seem sound?

John, I have put on two matches this yr. and I think you are heading in the right direction. A combination of paper and steel
with multiple shots at various ranges to help get the round count up. If you have two or three set-ups at different stations
you can speed the match up as well. Multiple shooters is a plus
to help speed up the match. I used 5 stages set up from 25 meters to 215 yds and the match took between 3-4 hrs. Fifteen shooters broken up in 3 groups of 5 with someone as their RO.
RO would aide in helping to score the match.

You can use allll the HELP you can get. Put the guys to work.

Regards

Mark

Tactical rifle/hand gun .22LR Match 12-27-09 North County San Diego, CA.

PISTOL STAGE
Revolver or semi auto, holster not required
Round count: max 50
Max magazine count 6 rounds - possible reload during stage
Targets paper & Steel
Move and shoot- timed?
2-25 yards

RAPID FIRE RIFLE STAGE
Any rifle, any sights
10 rounds per stage
Off Hand- 35-70 yards
Timed

PRECISION PAPER PUNCHING STAGE
Any rifle, any sights
Sight in allowed
100 yard max
Round count: max 25
Prone, front bag rest only

VARMINT MATCH STAGE
Any rifle, any sights
Prone, any front rest, and rear bag only
Timed
50-200 yards
Steel targets

See our web site for more details
http://www.ncsahighpower.com/

JPT,

To be successful in my mind you need to pick two skill sets you need to test the shooters on per 1/2 day.

Once you find a skill set you want ot work on, build a COF around that skill set.

And off to the races you go.

You ask, what is a skill set? Well positional, muti-target engagement, slope dope, Mil-rangeing, sling work, and on and on it goes.

John

I've only watched these but would love to take part in one. I hope it's a big success. Good luck!