• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Help me put this together.

felderthewelder

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2010
Los Angeles
So I just got a full power PEQ-15, finally.
I have a PVS-14 and a PVS 30.
I have a Swarovski Rangefinder. It does not have a Pic rail attachement, just the little screw hold in the bottom.
I have 3 long guns that I like to shoot at night.
I would like to be able to range things at night, and at the moment getting something like a full power Raptar is not going to happen financially. So my idea is to get a spotting scope and somehow slave the rangefinder to it.Then put the PVS-14 attached to the eyepiece lens on the spotting scope.
This would hopefully make it so I could get set up, take the PVS-14 off my helmet and put it on the spotting scope and range targets and then take the shot from the rifle through the scope and PVS-30. The reason I don't want to slave the rangefinder to my rifle scope somehow is because I would have to re-sight it in each time I changed rifles. And I would have to leave the undoubtedly goofy looking set up on there all the time.
With the above set up I would just have to transfer the PEQ-15 to different rifles, which is no problem at all.

Does anyone have any idea if there is a spotting scope and hardware type set up which would allow this to happen? I guess I would just need some sort of mount to mount the rangefinder to the spotting scope and a spotting scope that can have a PVS-14 attached to it.

Eric

OP, many have tried similar to what you’re proposing but there is just no good solution, if you do get something to work with good repeatability let us know.

Well I was afraid that this would not be a workable solution. That's fine, no problem. I am not going to try to make it work if others have already beat it to death.

However, the response from TheHorta was very enlightening insight. I had not thought of that before.

SO, I decided to quite my job working as the clerk at the sex toys kiosk in the Galleria and I have gotten myself hired back on at Lockheed as chief welding engineer. With my new found income I was able to get TWO Raptars!

Thanks guys!
Eric

:ROFLMAO:

Well I was afraid that this would not be a workable solution. That's fine, no problem. I am not going to try to make it work if others have already beat it to death.

However, the response from TheHorta was very enlightening insight. I had not thought of that before.

SO, I decided to quite my job working as the clerk at the sex toys kiosk in the Galleria and I have gotten myself hired back on at Lockheed as chief welding engineer. With my new found income I was able to get TWO Raptars!

Thanks guys!
Eric

:ROFLMAO:
You get discounts at the sextoy kiosk? asking for a friend:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: