• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Precision Rifle Gear HELP ME. RRS or PMG (Pro Media Gear)

RRS or PMG Tripod for shooting stuff that goes bang.

• PMG 42mm Tripod with PMG 50mm Ball Head $1719.90

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NateSavannah

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 25, 2020
    Georgia
    So hard to make these choices without them in front of me.
    Im 6 foot. Ill be shooting a AXSR off of it with all the goodies on it. so its pretty heavy. In big boy calibers. 99 percent of my use will be shooting rifles.
    The RRS series 3 Anvil30 4 section regular height. RRS got back to me said if I order now theyll ship mid feb.
    or
    PMG 42mm same height tripod with their heavy duty ball head. In stock now.

any thoughts from people whove had hands on both would be much appreciated.

never heard of the other one but I have the 34L with the anvil 30 and it’s solid as a rock with my kitted out AXSA. I’m also 6ft and I’m glad I went with the 34L as opposed to the 34.

I shoot an AXMC in adult calibers off of that RRS and it’s been great. Definitely would buy again.

Can’t speak to the PMG but I could see the utility in being able to swap heads if you might use it for other stuff.

I recently shot off a Anvil 30 and sold my ballhead the next day....now I just have to find one in stock.
    just heard back from RRS if you order the ballhead from them itll ship mid february. Talked to milehigh the other day said they arent selling RRS anymore once thier stock is gone thats it. Ill be ordering my RRS head from RRS in the next couple days.