• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help me scope my JP LRP-07

snipe10

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
Colorado
Just bought a LRP-07 and am trying to figure out which power glass to buy. I normally use NF 3.5-15X50 on 308's and am wondering if I should drop down to 2.5-10X42, never owned one of these. I'll be shooting out to 600-700 yards max and am setting this up as a multi purpose rifle for shooting 100 yards and out. Which one? Will the 10X42 go to 700 yards no problem?

Depend on your eyesight. As I aged I found I had to go to a scope with at last 20X at longer distances. My USO ST 10 while fine to 200 yards was no longer adequate at longer ranges.

I don't prefer anything higher than 10x out to 1000yd for banging steel. Unless you're trying to punch ragged holes in paper with quick strings, I don't see the advantage of the higher magnifcation. I went 2.5-10 on my maten 308 build and am very happy with it.

I'd consider the 2.5-10x32 in addition to the 42mm objective option.

Have fun with the new rig.