• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Help me setup my Suunto Core

Glassaholic

Optical theorist and conjecturer
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 30, 2012
    Panhandle, FL
    Wife got me a Suunto Core for my birthday, it is the plain Core model as I wanted something that wasn’t dependent on satellites or wireless etc. I wanted something that could give me atmospherics without relying on my phone. This watch does all that but I do not find the buttons very intuitive and the quick start guide is taking some time to understand properly but I feel I’m slowly getting the hang of it.

For anyone else who owns this model, do you have any tips or tricks? Was hoping there might be a way to display altitude, pressure/baro and temp all on one screen but it takes 50 clicks through buttons (it feels) to switch from altitude to barometric.

Maybe a Casio would have been better, I don’t know but I’d love to make the Core work.

Tries any video reviews or similar ? I'm sure there's a way to config it to display what you want.