• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help me spec out an SN3

hydro556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
STL, home of the Cardinals.
I ordered a USO SN3 TPal in 1.8-10x44. Wanting to know if I should do anything different. It is going on a LaRue 20" SSS complete rifle. Use is 100-600 yard targets.

I am ordering this:

TPal
EREK 1/10 mil
Illuminated mil scale GAP
30mm tube
black

Re: Help me spec out an SN3

You might not want to go with T-Pal, but it's strictly preference. T-Pal is just more finicky with focus, and with the ergo you can leave it on a certain distance and it works well with most distances in that range. However T-Pal is supposed to work well for rapid target engagement at many different ranges, I wouldn't know, I have an ergo. There's a thread on the subject:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...6615#Post966615

As for your reticle, the gap is great, but also consider the MPR reticle, it includes more intermediate hash marks for more exact ranging. I have the MPR reticle and it works well for me. Another thread covering this:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=82019&Number=893374#top

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skunk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you're right handed, you might think about putting the windage knob on the left side with the parallax adjustment.

Whichever side you put the windage knob on, think about the low profile knob, like the one that comes on the Slimline scopes. Just like the standard #1, only smaller. Makes for a nice sleek package... </div></div>

Will check that out. Didnt realize that was an option. Gotta love USO.

Would be awesome to go over to the shop, but I wouldnt live in CA if the optics were built in my garage for free.

As far as the elevation, either knob will have more than I need. Love the EREK, will definitely go that route.

I am trying to find some pictures of the slim line knob on a TPal 1.8-10, but am having trouble finding any pics of the TPal 1.8-10.

Thanks Skunk. I will check it out. I would really love to see some pics of any TPal in 1.8-10 but they are hard as hell to find.

If you aren't going to be "run and gunning" then I would look at the higher power 3.2-17x. 3.2 is going to be plenty low for the wide FOV at 100 yards and 17x will be nice for precision and target ID at 600.

It's about a $400 difference between the two.

Hydro, your build sheet looks perfect for that LaRue build. I had a 1.8-10x SN3 on a 20" AR and shot lights out with that thing!

Place the order!

I already told John I am ordering. And the specs. Hoping to have it in 10 weeks or so.

I bought a used Leupy MKIV 6.5-12x50 to use in the interim. When I get the TPal I will move the MKIV over to a GA Precision 308.

I was talked into getting the sunshade with polarizer so you may consider. I do not know yet as my USO is on order too, but was told it helps in shadows, I am told it is NOT your standard ARD like with Loopy that to my eye degrade brightness quite substantially.

EREK mil for me.

I also got the #1 M40 mil wnd, I figure it will be easier to use with gloves on.

GAP ret too, only used mildot. I wanted clean but did not go with mildot so we shall see. I also understand you can ask for a cleaned up ret that they will clean up marks / # but have no idea, never asked just told about it from those here.

No help on ERGO / Tpal we shall see when I get it in my hands.

I hope both you and I get ours in 8 weeks but.......

Just not too many of them out there yet........

I think the Erek w/a left side slimline #1 windage would be the cat's meow (personally run #3's on my ST10 though).

A 2" sunshade with ARD is a must.

Any reason you haven't considered the 37mm objective? Don't let wives tales scare you about light gathering and clarity-my ST10 with the 37mm Ergo is as bright and clear (if not clearer) than my 44mm 3.2-17......

When I bought my last scope a SN3 1.8x10, I went to USO and compaired the 37mm vs the 44 mm ERGO objective lense side by side and the 37 was clearer but the 44 was brighter. But these were ERGO scopes, not T pal.