• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

help me spend my buddy's $$$

mpwolf

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2014
I have a good buddy in dire need of a decent piece of glass. Back in 2001 he won a GA Prec Rock rifle in a raffle. I can't remember if it was here on the 'Hide, or Sniper Country, but long story short, he and I were scheduled to go take a class at SMTC, and a couple months before we were scheduled to go, he lucks into this rifle. He convinced George to put a A3 stock instead of the A1, but other than that, it's a standard Rock- 22" .308. Back then, he didn't have any extra cash lying around, so he threw a nothing scope on it. 22 years later, and that rifle might have 800 rounds on it. I've convinced him to come shoot a Guardian match this summer, and he wants to put a decent scope on the rifle before the match. What would you all put this rifle if you had $1200 to spend? What about if you had $1800? I'm thinking something like a Bushnell DMR , or Nx8 2.5-20, but would love to hear what you guys think.

Reactions: simonp
The NX8 is super popular and we move a ton of them. with that wide 8x magnification range, a 2.5-20 can do just about anything. If you want to chat more about it you can reach me at 504-565-0629