• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Help me spend my money

Smith1

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 16, 2020
Ohio
After hunting with some fellas in Texas over the last weekend, I’m ready to get back into that crispy 640 thermal game.

Currently have a trail 2 XQ50 lrf and like everything except the resolution.

Had a halo LR but hated the scope navigation and all the junk hanging on top of it. I’m sure some of the changed on the X models though

The Thermion 2 lrf is what I used and I loved everything about it, except the 2.0 base mag. The Thermion 2 XG50 lrf would probably be ideal but no clue when that’ll actually be out.

Beyond that I’m not really sure about the AGM, Iray, ect options. I do know I hate the mini screens on bering optics scopes so I’m not really interested in those. LRF would be a bonus but I do think I rely on it a little too much so I could forgo that if needed.

Budget would be $9000 and under, any input appreciated

If you like Pulsar Europtic has the non lr xg50 for 3.7k. Leaves a lot of budget for a fancy rangefinder.

That 1 day red shipping

If you like Pulsar Europtic has the non lr xg50 for 3.7k. Leaves a lot of budget for a fancy rangefinder.

That 1 day red shipping

I wasn’t super impressed with the Gen 1 I demoed, it has a good picture but it had some weird nuances with the screen glitching and other things I didn’t like

I'm waiting for the iRay GH50R to be released. 640 core w/ LRF in a compact design. Price is right too.

That’s could be a good option. I’m impatient which is the real conundrum here lol

I'm waiting for the iRay GH50R to be released. 640 core w/ LRF in a compact design. Price is right too.

The RH50 is perfect.
The RICO Series was built to do two things: Make the best image possible, and be easy to use. The
heart of the RICO Series features a high performance iRay Micro II core and an extremely high contrast
AMOLED HD display. RICO takes its image processing one step further with Advanced Image Correction
and Automatic Image Optimization courtesy of its MATRIX III Processor. Unmatched image quality paired
with an intuitive and easy to use interface, picture-in-picture function, 6 hour run time, aluminum alloy
housing, 1000 G shock resistance and 32 Gb of internal memory, gives you all the tools you need to take
your hunt to the next level.
Onboard Recording:Video and Image
Sensor Resolution:640×512
Detection Range:2400 Yards
Device Technology:Thermal Imaging
Sensor Frame Rate:50hz
Sensor Pixel Size:12μm
Objective Focal Length:50mm f/1.1
Optical Magnification:3X
Digital Magnification:4X

Glad to assist you

Attachments

• Rico MK1 series rebate_ig_100322.jpg
    Rico MK1 series rebate_ig_100322.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: Bakwa
Halo X-50 3.5x Base mag.
Great display, Controls, QD mount, Warranty.
Uses18650 batteries that last a long time and it's made in the USA.
It also works great, which is more important than anything.

SJC

The Bering Super Yoter 50 LRF will hopefully be available before the end of the year. I will be able to start talking about changes in comparison to the existing SY50 as well as pricing and specs hopefully in the next few weeks. Bering is very closed lipped about this type of stuff until just before release.

Night Goggles also has the Nvision XRFs in stock as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smith1
After hunting with some fellas in Texas over the last weekend, I’m ready to get back into that crispy 640 thermal game.

Currently have a trail 2 XQ50 lrf and like everything except the resolution.

Had a halo LR but hated the scope navigation and all the junk hanging on top of it. I’m sure some of the changed on the X models though

The Thermion 2 lrf is what I used and I loved everything about it, except the 2.0 base mag. The Thermion 2 XG50 lrf would probably be ideal but no clue when that’ll actually be out.

Beyond that I’m not really sure about the AGM, Iray, ect options. I do know I hate the mini screens on bering optics scopes so I’m not really interested in those. LRF would be a bonus but I do think I rely on it a little too much so I could forgo that if needed.

Budget would be $9000 and under, any input appreciated

If you were interested in an N-Vision Nox 35 we have both new and an open box unit on hand for well under your budget :)

Reactions: Smith1
Halo X-50 3.5x Base mag.
Great display, Controls, QD mount, Warranty.
Uses18650 batteries that last a long time and it's made in the USA.
It also works great, which is more important than anything.

SJC
If I could find a demo model I probably would have bought this. I’ve seen enough demo XRF’s for the same price as the X, I’d just go that route if I do go NVision. I do like the 18650 batteries rather than a battery pack

The Bering Super Yoter 50 LRF will hopefully be available before the end of the year. I will be able to start talking about changes in comparison to the existing SY50 as well as pricing and specs hopefully in the next few weeks. Bering is very closed lipped about this type of stuff until just before release.

Bering is not on my list at all. I don’t like the layout and feel and the screens seem much smaller compared to pulsar or others I’ve looked though
If you were interested in an N-Vision Nox 35 we have both new and an open box unit on hand for well under your budget :)
Nox 35 may be a contender but at that price point it puts me back into considering the Thermion pro. Tough decision for sure lol

Ended up ordering an XRF with Kosher Surplus / Custom night vision. Will post some thoughts after I play with it tomorrow. Thanks to everyone that reached out, Kosher, CS tactical, Doug, Korey Kirsch, ect… All great dealers / guys on here and I appreciate the time

kirsch, any word on the Super Yoter 50 LRF yet ?

I have received two prototypes already over the past few months. I can't give specific dates or prices yet, but it looks like models will most likely start releasing at the very end of Q4 or really early in Q1.

For people who want one, Night Goggles has a pre-order list. Once we can place an order, we will notify customers on this list first with the price, and they can provide payment and be part of the first order or decide not to continue with the order.

Reactions: 260284