• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help me understand Geoballistics

cliffy110

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 6, 2020
So I've been using Geoballistics for about a year now and I'm very comfortable with it. It is simple to use and navigate through but I keep running into a weird quirk. When I input data to zero the rifle, it shows up in the table as needing to drop down .1 at 100. I thought maybe it was atmospherics but even if I create a completely new profile and use the atmospherics for that day and time, it still shows to drop .1 at 100.

I know that .1 isn't a big deal and even out to 1000, I should still be on steel but my OCD is seeking perfection. I want to rule out everything other than the errors I induce into the system.

Oh, and it does this on every load I've tried.

Attachments

• IMG_0520.PNG
    IMG_0520.PNG
    836.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0521.jpg
    IMG_0521.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 29
That’s funny one screen shows 100 yard zero. The other shows 125 yard zero. I would call and ask. Mine shows correctly

Since I didn't find out anything here, I sent an email to Geoballistics and included my phone number. About 20 minutes later, I got a call from Ryan at Vortex who got to troubleshooting it with me. It turns out this has to do with crosswind jump. I had loaded my app with a 5 mph crosswind so it gave me a reference point to be working with. Turns out, that was enough to create a rounding issue that shows a .1 down in that 90 degree wind situation I created.

I went into the settings and turned off the crosswind jump feature and now I show zero at 100. As I get better at this, I can turn that back on but for now, that kind of info is lost in the muddle of my own shooting anyway.

HUGE thanks to Ryan at Vortex for calling me on this. That level of support is noticed and appreciated.