• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help navigating

Smitty192

Stand-up Philosopher
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2017
Deep East Texas
Hi all. I am from the other SH site and I'm trying to navigate the "new" old site. I paid for the 21 days access to new member sales access. Where is the new member sales forum? Also, I can't respond to any post on the Firearms PX area. I'm quite sure it is operator error. Any help navigating all of this would be greatly appreciated.

Happy shooting from Northern Illinois
Mike

Damn you're bringing back foggy memories of the "new member for sale" forum. Keep in mind that my recollection is probably a bit foggy on this:

Back before we moved to the Scout forum in Aug 2014 or so, members here weren't allowed to sell items until they'd accrued a minimum of 100 thread posts. That worked to a degree, but guys would just post garbage everywhere to get their minimum, sell their gear, and often disappear afterwards. As a potential fix, Lowlight (the forum owner) implemented the "new member" classified system where you paid whatever fee in order to list your item. The fee was meant as a discouragement for scammers, and the separate for sale area let the rest of us know that we were largely dealing with unproven sellers.

We just moved back to this site a few weeks ago and it appears as though you may have stumbled upon an old link or something for that section. To my knowledge it doesn't still exist now that we're back "home". I believe we're back to the 100 post requirement to be active in the "P/X" area.

My my recommendation would be to go to "The Bear Pit" which is in our "Team Room" area (should be one or two down from this new member intro section). In the Bear Pit, Lowlight has a thread entitled "Punchlist for Repairs" where he is dealing with issues that have arisen with our move back to this site. Politely state your problem just as you did here and I'm sure he or one of the Moderators will be able to help you out. If for some reason you post there and don't get a reply in the thread or by PM from Lowlight or a Moderator, then (and only then) should you contact them via PM. Tucker301 is the most visible Moderator in this part of the forum, he's easy to find in the Bear Pit, and he'll have "Moderator" or some version of that under his user name in red.

Welcome me to the Hide, and hopefully you'll stick around after you've sold your item.

Thanks bogeybrown. I was new to old new site and very new to new old site. I did put something in the bear pit. I know there must be a ton of work to get a forum of this magnitude up to speed and maintain. I did get an email from Lowlight acknowledging my payment for access to the PX. Something still isn't working quite right. I'm sure it will sort itself out. I understand to potential for scammers and the safeguards that are needed to prevent as much of that as possible. It will work itself out in due time. I enjoy the PX section and just finished mounting the scope on my 260 that were both purchased from SH members. I am in the market for a big magnum caliber now. Love the site.....now I need a bigger safe! Thanks for the information.

No problem. If Lowlight has emailed you then it's being dealt with. I have no idea how he's keeping up with all the shit on his plate right now, but he's miraculously handling it.
With our recent move, there's not as much traffic in this area as there used to be. If you post a problem here and don't get a reply, depending on the topic you can put it in the Bear Pit. We're a bit sarcastic over there, but eventually someone will offer a real solution.

I am fluent in sarcasm. I understand and appreciate it. Maybe the big man upstairs is telling me I don't need another rifle.

I just got a new to me Savage LRP 260 and hadn't even mounted the scope and I was planning on what rifle I was going to buy next. I have been itching for a totally impractical magnum caliber.

I love tax return season