• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes HELP NEED OPIONS ON THE BURRIS XTR SERIES SCOPES

sticshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2010
evansville,in u.s.a
ok guys,i know a guy who is selling a 3x12x50 burris illuminated mil dot scope at our club.the scope is like new,he is hurting for money.i've never had a burris scope.the only 2 scopes i've ever used are leupolds and a super sniperss10x40m.how do the xtr scopes stack up to them?are they durable?any opions would be greatly appriciated,thanks.

Re: HELP NEED OPIONS ON THE BURRIS XTR SERIES SCOPES

jonny,

Well, the Burris 3-12x50mm is fairly durable, it is long and heavy compared to say a Leupold, it has mixed MIL/MOA adjustments, it's SFP only, standard MIl-Dot reticle (yawn), but it does have an excellent 90" adjustment range.

Frankly, I would not have a SFP MIL/MOA scope for tactical use at any price. However, if your use leans more towards hunting, and less towards tactical comps and you can get it for under $400. it would be a fair bargain.

Once you get over say $500. there are far better options. But it's your money and your choice.

Bob

He is right... your money, your choice. It is just not a choice that I would make. I would rather have a Super Sniper 16x.

I am awaiting a Vortex 4-16x50 PST myself... now THERE is a scope!!

DK

I have had and still have a few Burris scopes. The glass is really good for the money IMHO. I have spent more money on optics and not gotten the quality of glass. I agree with Bob's comments concerning use.

Hope that help.

you guys are awesome.that's excatly the advice i was looking for because that's what i was going to do with the scope,tactical style shooting,matches and field steel plate stuff.thanks for the info.