• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help needed in load development

KOOutdoors

Private
Minuteman
Feb 29, 2012
Michigan
Can someone help me out

Lapua brass, VV N150 powder, Fed. 210m 155 scenar

[img:left]
mjmj9i.jpg
[/img]

[img:right]
30njb0y.jpg
[/img]

[img:center]
15qvksi.jpg
[/img]

Re: Help needed in load development

Just a few questions.. What cartridge are you reloading for? Is it a factory or custom chambering? What length barrel and twist does your rifle have?

The twist rate you have is good with 185gr or less bullets, so that shouldn't be an issue if you're using 155's. I prefer CCI primers but to each his own. I've never used that powder, I've heard it's a bit temp sensitive.

I have a bit of a problem with the data.

Top image: 44.4 is low-right, 44.8 is high-right, 45.2 is low right again. I guess I am surprised that the barrel goes through a whole node in 0.8 gr. All three seem to shoot well. Just wondering is a cross hair target (+) would have worked better than a paint spot. At 2.860 in a match chamber you could be into the lands.

Bottom image: 45.2 seems to be the better load. At 2.807 these are probably well off the lands, and are probably working at lower max pressures.

A) Do you KNOW that 2.860 is into of off of the lands?
B) Do you know how far 2.807 is off the lands?
C) Were there any pressure sign DIFFERENCES between the 2.860 and 2.807 loadings?