• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help! Needed, left handed, semi auto tactical rifle, rear mount receiver, CQB, 300AAC, maybe 5.56

fastline

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2011
ks
So.....I need a rifle for a purpose. I was going to build up an AR, but I really want to fight for a lefty rifle! It is SUCH a PITA! I really need a CQB piece that is as short as possible. I am not sure if I want to deal with the drama of a legal SBR, but finding one with a rear mount receiver would really help me getting things short. It is not about just running a shortly barrel, I am trying to avoid the SBR BS so a rear receiver can run a longer barrel.

I really would prefer it in 300AAC because I'd like to swap between super and sub sonic, and it will be suppressed. This is another reason to try to get the length down.

I am considering 5.56 a 'little' but I know when running suppressed, I really need more grains than a 5.56 can offer. But I think I had this discussion here before and I think the 300 is probably a decent choice for what I need this for.

LOL! I asked, you delivered... I don't think civilian life is going to permit farm operations with the MP7.

To be clear, the MP7 has most of what I want, but that is a complete system, including specialized cartridge, and special 'professional' pricing. I am hoping to find something more affordable. the 300AAC was developed for what I need it for so I am hoping to find something in this lane. I know the lefty thing is a very tall order. As with most, I just take the hot brass and powder hits to the face and move on. I might be able to deal with it.

Last edited:
Rear mount receiver? Is that like a long complicated way of saying bullpup?

I guess most here are more than familiar.....lol I also was not certain which characteristics they throw in the "bullpup" genre.

I was sort of looking at the FN F2000 but I have not seen them in 300AAC. However, that one does solve the lefty issue on ejection. I am very used to operating RH toys so RH charge handle is what it is. In some ways, I consider it an advantage.

Last edited:
Bullpup genre. Makes sense now. :)

I guess to narrow the field, I am trying to find a "budget" bullpup system that I can work with as a lefty. I know every pup has had the same issues come up with lefty shooters. I'd much prefer down ejection, but I can't be throwing 5K at this rifle.

I recently put together an ar in lefty for friends son. I used the stag arms upper and bcg. An ambi safety selector and charging handle were the only real needs to fit him. It went together easy and ran smooth. Have you considered doing one in a pistol to get to your desired length? This opens the options of all lengths and cartridges of the ar platform.

I know Stag Arms has a lefty upper.
Other than that maybe a newer version of the Styer Aug

Last edited:
To put more details out there, which are still not solidified, I selected the 300AAC because it was designed to be a subsonic round. I want to run it as super and subsonic, both suppressed. I realized any work this toy does will be at 200yds or less, and many times under 100yds. the reason for the short system is moving in and out of a vehicle, and likely where I am the driver.

If I do not go with a pup, I will likely have to compromise on the build in barrel length. Shorter barrel gets me slower fps, louder, and possibly reduced accuracy. I also will need to assess the twist rate for subsonic. This is something the AR platform is awesome with, as there are parts for days.

One toy I was looking at was the MDRX mostly because it has front ejection and offered in 300aac, but I don't like how these toys are highly specialized so something like a special twist barrel will not come cheap, if at all.

I was hoping there was a "up and coming" in the pup class that could get the popularity of the AR in which accessories were available.

In my experience short barrel ARs and Bolt guns are plenty accurate, you will loose some FPS. I wouldnt rule out a short barrel for Blackout/300AAC, If my memory is correct they were designed for use in short barrels.

I guess to narrow the field, I am trying to find a "budget" bullpup system that I can work with as a lefty. I know every pup has had the same issues come up with lefty shooters. I'd much prefer down ejection, but I can't be throwing 5K at this rifle.

Steyr AUG . Add a $ 200 lefty bolt and you're done for life. I believe you have to go with the AUG mag version due to the AR-15/M16 mags do not jive with a left side ejection

As a fellow lefty. For a bullpup i love the keltec rfb. Its in 308 but hell of a lot more punch than 300blk. If caliber is more important than go for an ar pistol in 300blk. I love my honeybadger pistol (but i do agree the damn things are too expensive for what ya get)

Reactions: Hobo Hilton