• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help needed on setting up scope, sight, etc

Bumbellybeak

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2009
Illinois, USA
Guys, I'd like to get this right the first time. So far I've taken all sage advice and am now asking for your help on scope/ sight(s).
The platform is an Armalite in .308.
Scope is an US Optics SN3 TPAL 3.2-17, 44mm low profile.

Looking for the right mount; Larue has been suggested.
Also want something for quick aquisition at closer ranges.

How would you do it?
Which mount? Shall I go with BUIS? If so which ones?
Or, The JP optic (like the Docter) has caught my eye because either can be used at the same time as the situation calls for?

What should I go with and how should it all be mounted if i want to get it right the first time?
To be clear, I am not a seasoned rifle guy, do not have (current) plans to go 1000, but still want to get this right to the extent that if I have to flip this AR stick to a seasoned professional, it will be right and GTG.

Re: Need your help on setting up scope, sight, etc

If you used something like the Burris rail top, you could mount a CQB sight like C-More on top of the SN3. Is that the sort of setup you're after?

...don't really know what I'm after.
This is my 1st AR. I'm looking for suggestions on what's good & how to set it up.

Drop the USO into a LaRue SPR 1.5, add the LaRue J-point mount with a J-point, Fastfire, some other mini red dot sight.

Add Troy Industries front and rear flip up sights and you'll be good to go for whatever the world may through at you. If your rifle has the picatinny gas block you'll have to get a front flip up sight specifically for that, Midwest Industries makes a nice one.

With that set up you can hit targets near or far, even if the scope breaks and the mini red dot sight fails and it's all high quality stuff. Figure it'll set you back about $500 for the LaRue mount w/ a Burris Fastfire and an additonal $250 or so for the iron sights. Good luck.

You can also get the rail at a 45 degree so you just tilt the rifle slightly for the close up red dot. A lot of 3 gun events use them

Re: Help needed on setting up scope, sight, etc

Trigger Monkey and Mechanic-- Thank you <span style="font-style: italic">Very</span> much!