• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Help needed w/ Rem 5R My f'n fault

Phantom F4E

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2008
While inserting my 5R w/o its' stock, into a "gun-sock" I accidently bent back the bolt stop spring. I tried to bend it back, but it would not hold. The spring is f**ked up. Is it better to have a gunsmith install a new one. Thanks

Re: Help needed w/ Rem 5R My f'n fault

Call remington and see if they will send you one and install it yourself.

Might as well build a custom rifle now - what the hell!!

Use actual pin drift punches and pay attention to the pins....when they come out so does the trigger. Have a piece of wire or a drill bit to stick in the hole if you need your drift someplace else. If you remove it, the trigger can start spitting parts. It's an easy fix, just pay attention.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ThudF105d</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While inserting my 5R w/o its' stock, into a "gun-sock" I accidently bent back the bolt stop spring. I tried to bend it back, but it would not hold. The spring is f**ked up. Is it better to have a gunsmith install a new one. Thanks </div></div>

Bolt stop springs, right hand or left hand