• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Help: No drill helmet mount for NVG

DTF370

Smartest D Student
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2014
Oklahoma
Hey guys, I’m stepping into unknown territory here and could use some help. I need to find a mounting system for a dual tube nvg unit that can work on ballistic helmets. The tricky part is it needs to be a no-drill setup but it needs to be reasonably rugged. Does such item exist?

Is this an older PASGT type helmet? Hardly anything any more doesn't have 1 or 3 holes or a shroud already attached.

There used to be the old skewl rachet strap type setup mount for the PASGT helmets. I wouldn't necessary recommend them however.

Reactions: DTF370
I ran a USGI ratchet strap successfully for years and years, and have helped install a couple dozen more for classes, etc. These were worn in vehicles on rough roads, crawling through brambles, etc. Never an issue. There are a handful of tricks regarding which bracket to get, etc so share the helmet you have etc.

CADEX (Canada) also makes a conceptually similar but entirely different over the top mount.

The others I know for US, France are very new and/or actually experimental so you can't have one.

It is not impossible to drill, and there has been some Army testing that the holes are not a ballistic defeat issue, at least factory drilled. I might either drill it or if very high dollar and new just sell it and get a drilled helmet.

One hole is plenty IME. I have been running a one hole with Norotos mount with a heavy (thermal one side) binocular setup for around a year, with similar abuse to the above, and it's rock solid.

I ran a USGI ratchet strap successfully for years and years, and have helped install a couple dozen more for classes, etc. These were worn in vehicles on rough roads, crawling through brambles, etc. Never an issue. There are a handful of tricks regarding which bracket to get, etc so share the helmet you have etc.

CADEX (Canada) also makes a conceptually similar but entirely different over the top mount.

The others I know for US, France are very new and/or actually experimental so you can't have one.

It is not impossible to drill, and there has been some Army testing that the holes are not a ballistic defeat issue, at least factory drilled. I might either drill it or if very high dollar and new just sell it and get a drilled helmet.

One hole is plenty IME. I have been running a one hole with Norotos mount with a heavy (thermal one side) binocular setup for around a year, with similar abuse to the above, and it's rock solid.

I believe drilling would be the better option for reliable mounting, however the ballistic helmets belong to my employer, not me. They may come around, but I am supposed to find a drill-free method first. Our unit is looking at outfitting about 94 helmets.

Is this an older PASGT type helmet? Hardly anything any more doesn't have 1 or 3 holes or a shroud already attached.

There used to be the old skewl rachet strap type setup mount for the PASGT helmets. I wouldn't necessary recommend them however.

No sir, we are using ATE cut.

Reactions: Lowdown3
You looking for something like this?
20210424_182348.jpg