• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spotters Help on a new spotter

Hogg0494

Old hunter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2018
Upstate new york
Hello hide,been using a Razor 20-60-85 gen 1 spotter for years.starting to get a bit harder to see impacts 1200-1500 yds.Guess the eyes are getting older
Recommendations on a new spotter with better glass is what I am looking for.Trying to keep this in the 1k-1.2k price range but open to all suggestions.this would be for spotter & eyepiece.Recticle a plus but not a necessity.Thanks

IMO you’re not going to beat what you’ve already got for that price range and if you do it won’t be any significant upgrade that you’ll really notice it. If you truly want an upgrade up your budget to $1800-$2000 and look for a used ATS/STS 80 HD.

Thanks redneck. Thats what I was thinking but wanted get some opinions.Someone mentioned a Leupold GR but not sure that would be much better
Thanks gr8 I will buzz Neil this week for his opinion

Thanks redneck. Thats what I was thinking but wanted get some opinions.Someone mentioned a Leupold GR but not sure that would be much better
Thanks gr8 I will buzz Neil this week for his opinion

I personally think the gold ring hd has far better resolution.

My eyes don't agree with vortex coatings though.

You need to look through them. Kowa to Swarovski, some just look better to some people.

I can say the gold ring is the lightweight champ. That's why it's so popular with the hunting crowd.

Have you looked into the Revic Acura 65A Spotting Scope?
Features:
  • Fixed magnification 18X reticle eyepiece
  • Included variable magnification 22-45X eyepiece
  • Included carry/travel case
  • Neoprene scope cover
  • Eyepiece cap covers
  • Integrated sunshade
  • Windage and elevation correction reticle
  • Spotting grid
  • MOA ranging scale
  • MIL ranging scale
  • 65mm objective
  • Extra low dispersion glass
  • Enhanced multi layered anti-reflection coating
  • Anti-fog coating
  • Anti-scratch coating
  • Phase correction coating
  • Weight: 54 Ounces
    • Objective Lens: 43 Ounces
    • Fixed Eyepiece: 11 Ounces
    • Varable Zoom Eyepiece: 12 Ounces

Looks pretty good.If I am having a harder time seeing through the 20-60x80 razor,would going to a 15-45x65 benefit?

If there is a large sporting goods store in your area that carries a variety maybe go finger bang them and see what works for you.