• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help.. on a Shilen DGA-M Bolt

OG10

SME
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2012
Texas
Does anyone have a long action Shilen DGA-M action that you could provide the bolt specs, or allow me to borrow the bolt to copy. I can not buy another from Shilen , and they do not have any technical drawings for the part.I would be willing to make a spare bolt for free to the provider. Thanks

Have you considered using a Remington LA bolt and modifying it to take Savage bolt heads?
The bolt shroud doesn't have to be like the original either.

Im surprised the Shilen action does not have a bigger following but they dont seem to want it.
They use an interchangeable bolt head like an Origin and Savage action dont they ?

Thanks for the replies, I have a friend with a machine shop if I could get any technical specs or a picture of the bolt that would be a great help .

Im surprised the Shilen action does not have a bigger following but they dont seem to want it.
They use an interchangeable bolt head like an Origin and Savage action dont they ?

Not on the original DGA.

An original Ruger bolt (non mk-2) will go mostly into place and so will a Rem 700.
My SA DGA has a flat faced bolt head like a Savage. Some came with coned bolt heads.

I'm not a machinist, but modifying a bolt to work shouldn't be too difficult.

The DGA-M has a one piece bolt with 4 smal locking lugs set at 12 and 6 .The new Shilen bolts wont work unfortunately they are 2 piece and not even remotely close.. anyone ?

Contact Stiller, they made them for Shilen. I have a short action at work, I can get dimensions of the bolt head and pics, just measure from internal lugs to primary extraction ramp, and you get your long action.

If you know someone with a tac300, try that, you may get lucky.

Unfortunately the DGA was a Shillen product made by Alan Hall whereas the newer dgr and dgv are made by Stiller for Shillen the old style DGA was flat bottom with four small lugs they're pretty different in the design the extractor is actually in one of the lugs to help. in feeding.thanks for the offer.

Reactions: iceng