• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help on my first AR build!

WtxShooter

Gun loving dad!
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
Lubbock, TX
So I'm starting my first AR build, and I've decided to do a 10.5" 5.56 pistol build. But being new to building one, just want some help from some experienced guys here. I'm using a Aero Precision matching upper and lower, a Geissele Super Dynamic 3 gun trigger, and a SBA3 brace. So here is where I need the help.

If I plan to shoot it suppressed 100% of the time, what BCG, adjustable gas block, (I'd assume this is best running suppressed, right?), and buffer spring and weight is recommended? This is all new to me, so any help is much needed. Also, is there anything I'm missing that would be wise to pay extra attention to? Thanks in advance guys.

With a pistol length gas tube it should cycle just fine with supers and not a lot of other fancy stuff. If you find that it's over-gassed, then get an adjustable block.
Subs are a waste of money. That's what .22LR is for.

Get a decent barrel with proper sized gas port etc there are many makers just choose something along the bcm/Noveske etc lines, if you are buying parts and don’t have a gas block look into superlative arms or slr otherwise you may not actually need one just nice to have sometimes. Generally it’s not too bad to get to work as long as you aren’t going too short. The short ars tend to be pretty loud suppressed just to let you know. You may also consider 300blk as it burns more complete in short barrels.

A good adjustable gas block is the most important in my opinion. Seekins is a great option that isn't crazy expensive. Otherwise SLR. Just an FYI the ATF just made a new ruling on "pistols" that should be considered. We need less government.

A good adjustable gas block is the most important in my opinion. Seekins is a great option that isn't crazy expensive. Otherwise SLR. Just an FYI the ATF just made a new ruling on "pistols" that should be considered. We need less government.
What is the new ruling?

Pretty sure that only applies to pistols with vertical fore-grips. Do not add a vfg to your pistol either way.