• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help on picking top line optic.

psmith

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2008
Ann Arbor
Okay, I've had my Leupold 3-10 Mk4 M3 for a while. Ready to upgrade. Don't think I want super high power just 15-17 max. Thinking either USO, S&B or Nightforce. Don't need illum reticle but FFP would be nice. I don't want 1/4 moa turrents (too fine) but would prefer 1/2 mil but could settle for 1/10 mil.

Best of all I want great glass. My leupold is okay but isn't as clear as I would like it. I've read some reviews which said that S&B is the best and that USO has okay glass. Others have said USO is wonderful. Is there any way that I could preview any of these before purchase?

Re: Help on picking top line optic.

go buy the Nightforce F1 that is for sale in the optics section. Not my scope, but a helluva deal.

Re: Help on picking top line optic.

Search! plenty of topics about these scopes. S&B and USO are a step up from Nightforce I think but Nightforce are great scopes for the $$ ! You might want to rethink the 1/4moa adjustments. They are not that fine when you start to stretch the legs!