• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Help on rail mount selection

BornLifted

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 18, 2018
Good evening hiders,

Looking for some recommendations on fixing this shipping error. Receiver is a zermatt origin LA. Through research it seems like some zermatt rails are pinned, mine doesn’t seem that way. It was damaged through shipping, ouch, but fairly new to custom rifles. Looking for best option to replace the damaged rail. Rig will be for primarily hunting but also long range shooting. It’s a 300PRC build. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Attachments

• C83D7C19-05C8-4D99-911F-17F4C81240C4.jpeg
    C83D7C19-05C8-4D99-911F-17F4C81240C4.jpeg
    342.3 KB · Views: 79
I appreciate it, that’s what I was thinking just wanted to reach out to the experts. It was a new build never shot bought on here.

Thank you very much man for your time. I greatly appreciate it

Just for clarity:

M700s and Zermatt stuff don't share compatibility with one another regarding scope bases. The issue is the rear bridge. M700s are lower in the back. Most aftermarket receivers are of constant diameter, and "Z's" are no different.

FWIW, my models are OEM originals from the source. Before Remmy went "supernova," I did a whole lotta work for them.

When in doubt, call the OEM and take their guidance for replacement parts.

Hope this helps.

C.

1662729650690.png

1662729683681.png

Good evening hiders,

Looking for some recommendations on fixing this shipping error. Receiver is a zermatt origin LA. Through research it seems like some zermatt rails are pinned, mine doesn’t seem that way. It was damaged through shipping, ouch, but fairly new to custom rifles. Looking for best option to replace the damaged rail. Rig will be for primarily hunting but also long range shooting. It’s a 300PRC build. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
We can get you a replacement. Email me (ray@zermattarms) with your information and we'll sort it out.

Thanks - Ray

Not bad, 8 hours for personal response.
Good on ya Zermatt/Ray.
It's shit like that that will separate the good companies from the bad.
Also helps someone considering buying a new action....ya know....like me :)

Email sent, thank you zermatt arms for reaching out.
Very Respectfully

Looks like @Zermatt Arms has a history of poorly packaging their materials. Except it seems they’re not in the business of making it right now, apparently it’s up to you to fix their problems as I found out.

Please reach out with your specific issues. If there was an issue that wasn't sorted properly, we're not aware of it.
@Zermatt Arms I was in contact with you yesterday and you stopped responding. I bought an action wrench from you that showed up damaged because it was loose in a box and came out during shipping. It doesn’t work because it’s now out of spec from the damage and you suggested I make it back to spec myself “if I think that will help it”.

@Zermatt Arms I was in contact with you yesterday and you stopped responding. I bought an action wrench from you that showed up damaged because it was loose in a box and came out during shipping. It doesn’t work because it’s now out of spec from the damage and you suggested I make it back to spec myself “if I think that will help it”.
Thanks for the clarification.

There was no response because you indicated you had solved the issue yourself by replacing it with another product among other things.

I'll be happy to send you a return label and a refund for the product. I'll reach out via email so we don't unnecessarily plug up a forum.

Respectfully - Ray

Reactions: jetmd