• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Help on Scope Ring Height

4ester

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2010
Wyoming
I have a Remington 700 Sendero 300 Ultra Magnum on order and am trying to figure out what I'm going to do about bases and rings. This will be for a long range hunting rig, but will be used at the range as well.

I am kinda on a budget, so trying to go with decent equipment but dont want to break the bank.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Currently have a Nikon Buckmasters Scope, 6-18x40. (until I can eventually pick up something better)

I think the one piece bases are what I'm going with, possibly TPS XP Tactical 20 MOA. Will a one piece base limit the loading of cartridges in this rifle? Better choice?

As far as rings, I am looking at Warne Tactical Rings in 1". What height should I go with for my scope to be mounted as low as possible, yet clear the barrel.

I am open to other suggestions on other products. Due to my location, I dont have any locations to try a bunch of ring heights and would like this to work the first time.

Any help is greatly appreciated.