• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help ,ordering lower reciver questions.

HVT Tyler

Private
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2010
MN, USA
(First off im a noob)when ordering a lower reciver in MN i found out you need to have some sort of permit, how do obtain that? Also if im buying a complete lower and not a stripped one is there any difference? please help i got a bcm upper that wants a lower badly !

Re: Help ,ordering lower reciver questions.

Not sure about MN specifically but a lower receiver is just the same as a gun, so it's got to go through an FFL. So find the lower you want and have it shipped to a local FFL pay the $20-$30 fee to transfer it and you are G2G, or just have a shop order one if they don't hit you too hard on the price. You might want to check out ar-15.com to find out the reg's for MN if there is anything specific.

thanks for responding first off, but i went to gander mountain (ya i know) just to see if they could order me a lower and they couldnt do it apperently , but some guy there was answering some questions i had and then i found out about this permet you have to have to own and order it? i thought that was just for stripped lower. i dont know im getting confused now lol

Call up Bills Gunshop and Range or whatever it is called now and see what they say......not saying to use them, but nothing should be different than buying a handgun etc. Unless your awesome political leadership enacted some new red tape.

Beyond that - find a good FFL and work with them. Check gun broker for quick #'s, check in with those MN shooters on here, Adam B. from Big Lake??, etc. Network and get er dun.

Forgot - yes, the lower has the 'red tape' for BCs.

If it takes a permit to get a lower, make sure to get 3 lowes or more when you order to save hastle down the road. Only one FFL fee too then.

The key is to find a shop that sells stripped lower receivers. On an AR15, the receiver itself is considered to be the firearm... it is the only part that needs to be legally registered (unless you make your own). Every other part of the rifle can be mailed to you.

When you buy a lower receiver.... might as well buy a bunch as you will probably be afflicted with black rifle disease... might as well save on the DROS costs.
wink.gif

thats a good idea, i just dont know if the permitis for stripped lowers only. i just want a complete lower and i dont think i would need a permit for that but maybe i do? i will find out somehow

HVT Tyler, you need to go to your local PD or Sheriff's office (depending on where you live) and get a MN Permit to Purchase a Handgun. You fill out a form and in 7 days, you have a free paper permit that lasts for one year and allows you to buy as many handguns or assault rifles as you please. This includes AR lowers, as you need a permit to buy the lowers.
If you have a Permit to Carry, that works in lieu of the permit to purchase.

If you have any further MN gun questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you buy a lower receiver.... might as well buy a bunch as you will probably be afflicted with black rifle disease... might as well save on the DROS costs.
wink.gif
</div></div>

+1 on this, as evidenced by 3 stripped lowers in my safe.

I regret buying only one every time i buy only one.... and i've done that oh... a dozen times now? I'm a tard.
frown.gif

Yeah, last time I found them on sale for $49, I got 6, because I always buy only 1 or 2 at a time, I learned my lesson.