• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help picking between g2 razor, xtr3, mark5hd

Baron85

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2012
I’m looking at the vortex gen2 razor, the xtr3 scr2 non illuminated, and the mark5hd 5-25 prs2.

I’m currently running a kahles 6-24 skmr and love the eye box, forgiving paralax and the glass clarity. But the problem is the ergos are different than all my other scopes and the non locking windage. I could train myself to check windage before every stage but can’t afford to buy kahles for all my rifles for consistency. And now that I’m shooting prs I would really like a Christmas tree reticle.

I bought an athlon Midas Tac 5-25 to test the tree reticle and likes it but the eye box was very tight, glass quality wasn’t great, and paralax was somewhat finicky.

My priorities are forgiving eye box, forgiving paralax, field of view, and last glass quality.

I’m open to other suggestions as well. Wanting to stay around 2k or under, will try to pick up used ones in the PX. Must have locking or capped windage.

How would the hide rate the gen 2 razor, xtr3, and mark5hd for my requirements?

Thanks for all the help.

Forgot to add, this will be going on a 6br and a 223 trainer. Longest match in my area shoots out to 1475yds but most are 1k and under.

I recently added a Gen2 Razor 4.5-27 that I picked up here on the PX. I really like the ERGO's/Reticle. I have run a Premier Gen 2 XR for years but wanted the same thing you do, a lower cost alternative as I couldn't put a Tangent Theta on all of my rifles, so I went with the Razor. The warranty alone is a selling point should you ever have to use it. No regrets thus far.

I've compared these optics many times, they are super close all the time.

Glass clarity, depends on who you ask.

Brightness goes to the MK5 and XTR3. The Razor has the best color.

The MK5 definitely has the worst eyebox and field of view. After getting used to the large FOV of the Burris, the Leupold is like looking through a tunnel. The Burris has the best FOV of the three.

All have good turrets, are reliable, and have excellent warranties. Price right now goes to the Burris as non illuminated versions are on closeout, the new XTR3i should be dropping soon at about $1200 (30×) and the PRO, which is nicer than these, can be had for $2k'ish.

Reactions: rothgyr
While supply lasts the made in the USA Burris XTR III starting at only $999.99 is worth a look.

Attachments

• WEB_XTR3_Cameraland-200x220.png
    WEB_XTR3_Cameraland-200x220.png
    217.4 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: drewthebrave