• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help picking stock

Hammerdown22

Private
Minuteman
  • Feb 20, 2017
    Im going to be getting a stock for a build and was hoping for some knowledge.
    So the build is
    Remington model 7
    17 remington fireball
    23" barrel
    Lilja #4 contour
    Building a fun varmint rifle.
    I am 6' 3"
    Gun use will be 50/50 on a tripod and walking
    I have been looking at a manners elite shell stock.
    I like the looks of the mcs-cs2 things I like the looks of is the vertical grip the adj butt and adj comb. Im just not sure about how it would fit my build and how it would shoot off hand.
    The other is the eh6. Its more traditional so walking and shooting off hand would be good i think.
    I don't know what's your opinions?

It sounds like u probably r not going to have a huge barrel contour light varmint or heavy sporter. So u might get by without a check piece depending on how high you mount scope. I've had a manners eh stock they r nice ,much like all manners as far as fitting your build u might have to go with an adjustable stock , I find them just more comfortable and they promote better shooting fundamentals

love the manners stocks and if you get it I would highly recommend the mini chassis. One thing to consider like @Jabot said is that the adjustable cheek piece will add almost 1lbs to any stock so for lightweight builds I would consider going fixed cheek piece the eh5 I have from them still fits very comfortably