• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help: SH GAP AR10 2004 Group Buy

HutchMichaelson

Private
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2011
KC
Recently, I purchased this rifle from a friend's collection. He was part of the SH group buy from GAP in 2004. For circumstances I won't go into here, he is not around to tell me all of the details about this rifle.

I don't know much about it, and I'm brand new to precision rifles. I've found bits and pieces of info., but hope there are still some guys around who have the original build sheet from this batch. I haven't bothered George yet, since he has been busy.

How many were made? Is there significance in the serial numbers?
Exactly what are the parts in the rifle? Specs?
What are the "quirks" of this rifle? (any long-run problems, likes/dislikes certain ammo, etc.)
What accessories(if any) did these rifles come with?
Original price? Value?(for insurance)
Story behind the group buy?

I'm just looking for any info, since I have none, and like to know the details and history of what I own. Plus, I know I will never get rid of this rifle because of the friend that owned it and the quality.

Thanks for the help! Here are some pics.

Snipershide GAP AR10 1 by Hutch Michaelson, on Flickr

Snipershide GAP AR10 2 by Hutch Michaelson, on Flickr

Snipershide GAP AR10 3 by Hutch Michaelson, on Flickr

Snipershide GAP AR10 4 by Hutch Michaelson, on Flickr

Re: Help: SH GAP AR10 2004 Group Buy

I would say pm Lowlight

These were originally $1900 through the GB, they have Mike Rock barrels and are GAP Built as stated, most are extremely accurate.

I think there was less than 50 made... maybe 35 ? I don't recall.

Thanks for the replies.

George, were they all Mike Rock barrels? I found two old for sale postings from this batch, and they both say they are Schneider barrels.

Here they are:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"-Armalite/Eagle Lower/Upper receiver.
-Badger Fulllength Tactical Handguard.
-Schneider 5P 1-11 Barrel 22"
-LMT Match Trigger. 2.5 to 3 pounds
-Upper fit to lower (Badger/G.A. exclusive process)
-Barrel Marked with the SH Logo and Serialized Run markings.
-Barrel Coated with Matte Black KG.
-Gas Block. Armalite Picitiny
-(1)10 Round Magazine
-Mike Miller special run of black slip cuff slings. "</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Schneider 22" 5R polygonal barrel/ALL Badger metal,Badger handguard/ 22moa picatinney rail/Black furiture/New, never fired since built.</div></div>