• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

help starting .260 load

hank440

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2009
Gambrills. MD
I searched here but didn't find much load info on the .260, I have 139gr Lapua bullets to load, can anyone help with powder,primer and brass selection

thanks

Re: help starting .260 load

A favorite load of mine is 139gr Lapua with Rem brass. Using Fed210M primers and 46gr of R22. This really shoots well in my Savage Target action with a Shilen #7 barrel. Also have a 700 action with a Shilen barrel that I built. Its favorite load is 45.4gr of 4831SC in Lapua brass{243 necked up} and 210M primers. This is also with 139's.

I've not tried to post links before, so if this don't work, please do not shoot the messenger;

Loads for .260 /.243/ 6.5x47/6.5 Creedmoor

If this dont link to the thread, then copy and paste into the search bar.

Neil B

no linky
shocked.gif

As I said, not tried to post a link before. I'll work it out, but there is a huge thread of 6.5 data. try the copy n paste idea in the meantime.

N

Hank look up at the top of the main reloading section page and you will see the Relaoding Depot. That is where that link and other load info it.

Go to the thread you want to link, right click on your web address and copy it, then go back to your reply box on the thread you want to post in, right click and paste.

I am using 43gr H4350 with Fed primer and Remington prepped brass .15 off lands in a Shilen barreled Savage. With this load I get Sub .25" @ 300yd and sub .5" @ 500yd.

I am using 43grs of IMR-4350 - Fed Primers - 139gr Lapua's & Rem brass. I personally found that the H4350 leaves all sorts of gun powder residue inside my suppressor & on the end of my barrel.

I have heard that the IMR-4350 is temp. sensitive... which I have not personally verified.

Accuracy is incredible; however, I have a barrel that seems to shoot any 139 to 140 grain very well

ggarrett,

Thanks for the info. I'm a Mac boy, so don't have a right button on my laptop. I'll have to plug the mouse in next time.

Thanks for the help.

N