• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing HELP / SUGGESTIONS - coating my trigger

Glock45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 29, 2010
south-central WI, USA
Hello,

So I installed a flat-face 10-8 trigger in my 1911. The whole gun is black except for this "white" aluminum. I filed it little by little so it fits nice(minimal tolerance.) I don't think painting is going to be an option ( at least for my skill level.)

What ideas/thought do any of you have for making my trigger black/blackened? Anodizing? misc coating?

If you have suggestions in midwest, great. Otherwise, I can certainly ship it for getting a good coating done.

TIA!

-G45

Re: HELP / SUGGESTIONS - coating my trigger

You can get it anodized any color just about or if you wish to do it your self get Aluma-hide "brownell"it comes in black also.

Paint it with black fingernail polish. When I need to replace bolt on my Harley and they need to be black to match my powder coating, I just go out and buy some fingernail polish. It holds well and doesn't fade, scratch or chip.

I contacted a local company that will Duracoat it for me during their next batch of matte-black. I think 12 friends of their favorite flavor could be in order!
smile.gif

Here I thought it'd be a $50 job or something. That's me though, expect the worst, hope for the best. saves a bunch of disappointment.

-G45