• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HELP!!! The HIDE is locking up my browser

oldgrayone

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2008
South East Georgia
Every time I log on to this site Explorer locks up after 15 min. or so. It started yesterday when I came on and I did not have any ads displayed. It takes a long time to open a thread and my info bar says waiting on google ads. When I get the thread open most of the time member's pics wont load. After clicking around everything gets slower and slower then locks up. I have to open task manager to shut it down. I am not having any problems on any other sites. Anyone have any input on this? Please help a puter idiot.

Re: HELP!!! The HIDE is locking up my browser

I have the same problem AND my BACK button is acting up...gotta hit it multiple times for it to work...only on this site.....

me too but only on my home/room computer, not my work computer. sucks! Sometimes I can surf for 30 minutes sometime 2 minutes. help.

If in your browser the site is set to display the forum in green colors, change it over to the tan one... you can do that in your preferences and see if that makes a difference.

Back-Button is F-ingUp & Yep, I locked-out cookies bombarding me from all the ad's that I locked-out too. So now my browser is having a hard time interacting with this site. Will not return me to where I started from with pushing the back-button. I guess it can not remember where it's been ???
But it ONLY does it on this site and this only started when the adition of Avertisment was laid in the site.
I can not seem to find a happy medium between good and bad cookies since then. Lockout to many and I cant maneuver around or not enough and then Ad's take control.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If in your browser the site is set to display the forum in green colors, change it over to the tan one... you can do that in your preferences and see if that makes a difference. </div></div>

I told you.....

I'm seeing the exact same problems with adds and navigation. Interested to know if there's fix.

when I made my original post last night I couldnt get it to process. it all seems to be the luck of the draw. sometimes I can surf for quite a long time soetimes only minutes. sucks, but when at work I can have it up all day withut issue. so is a local computer issue, server, provider or what?

Try Firefox or some other browser.

It sounds like your machine is loaded with spyware. Good luck with that.

Ok, on my laptop I have the hide set to the tan option and always have.. For the past week approx. I have had to hit the back button atleast 3 to 4 times to go back one page, every other web page only requires one click of the mouse or back button? What's up with this site?? I am guessing that my popup blocker is wacking the adds, although I was seeing them last week? I have changed nothing and my laptop has no virus's or spyware.. It works fine on every webpage... What's goin on? This has only been goin on for a week or less?

The advertisements I see mostly say this????? Below!!!:

<span style="color: #3366FF"><span style="font-weight: bold">You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the googleads.g.doubleclick.net home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer </span></span>

Ya that IS the easy KEY to fix it, I am a creature of habit and don't like fixing things when they are not broken But ( Running foxfire for browser seems to be the key). & To all the Back-Button problems and other troubles going on with "Only" this site .
" Using Micro explorer" don't cut it. When your getting rid of the bombardment of on-site mandatory ad's & Especially in combination use when I got rid of the googlesyndication & doubleclick tracking site when using micro explorer. All my troubles went away when using foxfire in conjunction with SHsite & the the new ad layouts.
Then I can X-out the SH , and then jump back in using Micro internet explorer and the bullcrap problems come back into play again.
also, Using foxfire and all the other crap goes away also like ...
<span style="color: #3366FF">You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the googleads. &.doubleclick.net home page.
You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.
HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer </span>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1WvPRKvIJrk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1WvPRKvIJrk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I have this same problem here, my work computer (older windows version) runs fine, but my personal (new with/vista) locks up on the hide ALOT, I have to close the browser and reopen it to do anything sometimes I have to restart my comp. I have the same problem with downloading my ITUNES I purchase, I have to DL them with my work comp then transfer them to this one. I think the problem is the newest version of windows is a piece of shit. could be wrong.

Also am in Iraq, might have soemthing to do with provider, but I am sure its windows

Same here and is a pain in the ass. Work issued the puter so I cant change a lot of stuff. I am getting the exact same messages.