• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Help - trigger tech special bolt release

Derek200

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2017
Just installed my new trigger on an older rem 700. The bolt release isn’t really working well. It aligned correctly (I think) to the bolt stop. But the bolt stop doesn’t reset the bolt release button on the trigger. Instead it just kind of bends the metal and it stays in the depressed position.

Any ideas? Should I tighten the screw that holds the bolt release piece to the trigger so it doesn’t deflect as much?

You probably need to bend it just a tad to fix it’s dragging.

I kind of like it though, when carefully looking at seating depths I can gingerly take the bolt in and out easily without having to press it each time. Then just slam it home with a bit of force to jar the action a bit and it would let go.

Did you try this ?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    158.6 KB · Views: 507
I also had issues with a TT special and an older 700. Ended up not using the TT in that rifle because nothing worked. Gun was a 1997 production 300 wm. I also had issues when the action was bolted to the stock. Trigger would fire when closing the bolt except when it was adusted to the stiffest pull. Then the trigger pull was less then a pound still. Anything over 20 inch pounds and this happened. Just wasn't going to work so I had to sell it off.

Still my favorite trigger in my other actions.

Last edited:
Did you try this ?
Yes. I bent the piece appropriately. But the plate (bolt release part) seems to fit too loosely on trigger and it just deflects outward when the bolt stop pushes it. So it doesn’t go back to the “start position”. Of that makes any sense. If I pry it up I can then depress it to pull bolt out.

Who the hell designed that bolt stop and release. Haha.

This is weird but try cycling your safety on and off once after you reinstall the bolt. Worked for me.

I had a similar issue...see this thread:

https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...ger-issue-advice-please.6921678/#post-7464253

You need to seat the tab from the triggertech into the grove on the bolt release. If there is slop, it seems that there is metal binding and it does not operate smoothly. I had mine out yesterday and it worked flawlessly. Post #3 is exactly what I did. Let us know if it works. I really like the trigger one I got that issue figured out.

Yes. I bent the piece appropriately. But the plate (bolt release part) seems to fit too loosely on trigger and it just deflects outward when the bolt stop pushes it. So it doesn’t go back to the “start position”. Of that makes any sense. If I pry it up I can then depress it to pull bolt out.

Who the hell designed that bolt stop and release. Haha.
Make sure the bolt stop doesn't bind in the slot or on the trigger pin first . It seems like the tab has to be all the way to the tip of the lever if it has to slide on the bolt stop it doesn't work

Yeah. I may take it apart and clean the bolt stop and grease it perhaps.

Yeah. I may take it apart and clean the bolt stop and grease it perhaps.
Coatings will tighten up the opening also . You should be able to drop the bolt stop in with no interference and swivel free on the pin .
I had troubles adjusting the bolt stop button on the first few .