• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help = US Optics SN3 does not fit in Larue Mount

Bumbellybeak

Private
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2009
Illinois, USA
Based on feedback from an earlier post, I ordered a mount from LaRue. Before doing so, I emailed them asking their recommendation for a one piece mount in which I could mount an SN3 TPAL 3.2-17 EREK 44mm low profile, low profile housing.
The LT-158 is what was recommended and what I subsequent;y ordered.

Went to mount it and Surprise - the Scope will not fit into the mount - the rings are not far enough apart to clear the center rectangular housing.

So, I am asking again for a recommendation on a mount.
Would like to have some MOA- what one piece mount will work other than an US Optics?

Re: Help = US Optics SN3 does not fit in Larue Mount

Sorry to hear it, but you experienced the EXACT same thing that happened to me. I ended up going with a 22 MOA Badger rail and low rings. If you have a Seekonk torque wrench, the scope comes on and off with repeatable zero (set to spec each time).

Can order here

photo0028large.jpg

oh great I have a 1.8x10 tpal ordered and am sitting on the larue mount in hand, and it might not fit great.37mm obj

I guess it would sit too high if you used the Larue on the Badger 20MOA rail Ohiogunnut mentioned?

If you want to stay with the LaRue QD option get their LT-101 QD 5/8" riser and separate rings of the correct height.

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">EDIT: I just noticed you said one piece mount. I will leave the info up in case it is useful. </span></span>
MicroMounted.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rafael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess it would sit too high if you used the Larue on the Badger 20MOA rail Ohiogunnut mentioned? </div></div>

Doesn't sit too high for me (what is pictured above). The problem with the mount and most other 1 piece mounts I looked at with the TPAL is that the turret housing is VERY long and takes up more space than is available between the two rings in the Larue.

All,

Nick is in the process of designing a Posi-Lock mount for the T-Pal series but it's kind of a low priority with everyone building scopes to get caught up. It will be along though. FWIW I mounted the 1.8 - 10 TPAL on an Armalite EX0022.

The other option would be to get the posi-lock MK III and add rings as desired. The MKIII has the ability to have a canted rail.

DSC01086.jpg

Cheers,

Doc

+1 for the KAC option. They have gone up in price some but there is someone over on biggerhammer that has them for a reasonable amount.

I plan on using an LT-158 when my SN-3 is finished. Will it work with a non-Tpal scope?

Falar, the LT-158 will work with the SN-3 without the t-pal. I have the SN-3 1.8-10 x 44 ergo mounted in the LT-158 and it fits perfect.

Desert Tactical also offers a one piece with several options for MOA.

I have the same USO scope and was assured that it would work with
DTA's one piece.

Still waiting for it to show up with my rifle, so I can't say for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hammertime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Falar, the LT-158 will work with the SN-3 without the t-pal. I have the SN-3 1.8-10 x 44 ergo mounted in the LT-158 and it fits perfect. </div></div>

That's good to know, thanks.

I believe the GG&G Accucam will work. It has 3.75 in between the rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe the GG&G Accucam will work. It has 3.75 in between the rings. </div></div>

I am not too impressed with the return-to-zero capability on GG&G's mounts. I personally would pass on that option.

I ran into the same problem I bought an LT 104 from someone on another forum. Afterwards I found out that it would not fit the TPAL. I was able to get an LT 740 mount from LaRue. They did a limtited run of these for the TPAL models and they are not listed on the website, but if you call them they may be able to locate one. I just bought one a month ago.

really? Ive always heard good things about GG&G. Can you elaborate? I wonder if a Bobro mount or American Defense mount would work? Oh yeah, I'd go with the Armalite mount way before the KAC mount. The Kac mount is WAY overpriced. I refuse to pay that much for a amount just because of the name. If I were I'd call Mark Larue and ask him. He's VERY good when it comes to customer support. I guaranteee he'll help you out.

Enkry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sickeness</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe the GG&G Accucam will work. It has 3.75 in between the rings. </div></div>

I am not too impressed with the return-to-zero capability on GG&G's mounts. I personally would pass on that option. </div></div>

Larue said the new LT-111 mount made for the OBR will fit the TPAL. Their costumer serves is awesome. I had trouble mounting a scope with one of their products. I called them, and the let me trade the Mount for one that would work. No questions asked.

Mark is the best. I have never had a problem with anything they built. If it doesn't work, they will replace it or make it work.

And the 'dillo dust is the bees knees.

I have the "Larue" bumper sticker on my car to fly my flag as a salute to like minded people