• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help w/ID ammo

trauma1

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 23, 2012
I have recently inherited some vintage weapons and ammo. Can anyone identify this ammo? Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• B9095B82-19E7-430F-9D04-D2CD486F7A4B.jpeg
    B9095B82-19E7-430F-9D04-D2CD486F7A4B.jpeg
    441.5 KB · Views: 94
Not 100% sure if I'm right, but some Soviet Russian/Warsaw Pact ammo has the same two stars and numbers as yours. "11" refers to the factory where it was made and the "52" means it was made in 1952.

See the third row down:
1604795518706.png

Last edited:
Reactions: trauma1
Thank you guys so much! Must admit I am afraid to fire it.

Ok, I admit I could have provided more data. Here are more pictures.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    664.7 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    535.2 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    948.8 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: crackerbrown
9X18 Makarov. NOT the same as .380 auto or 9X18 Kurtz. It has a different bullet diameter and is loaded to higher pressures. Pistol and sub machine gun ammo.

That’s some cool old Interarms stuff from back in the day when they were selling everything to everyone and skirting end user certificates just about everywhere.

That would have been some ancient expired East Bloc stuff that they got a scrap deal on and put in their own boxes. Betting sold in USA in early 80s.

Good ammo. Corrosive and almost certainly Berdan primed.

I think some folks for Interarms went to jail, IIRC. They also sold and brokered a ton of ammo to South Africa (despite the embargo), Dominica, Nicaragua, Afghanistan (well done, Mike Vickers), and every other small war from 1965 until the late ‘80s.

They had their own brands... and sold a ton of guns in USA. But that was small potato’s compared to international arms trading.

Sirhr

Hey OP, do you have calipers to measure the case length?

You may be correct, I have a Makarov but have never had ammo that had a long projectile like the ones in the image.
Most of the stuff I have shot had a bullet like this.

dsc01156-3-scaled.jpg

But there were some steel core and other different bullets for the 9x18 so it could be one of those.

I'm just curious. We get one picture of the bases of a box of bullets. Come on, man.🤪

Pretty sure those are 9mm... measure oal case length. Makarov is 18mm. 9mm parabellum will be 19mm.

Bullet diameter for 9mm will be about 9.01mm. Makarov will be about 9.25 mm.

Placed next to either a .380 or 9mm case, the dimensions will be visually obvious. My money is on 9mm. Interarms definitely sold 9mm on the us market and there was not a big enough demand for the Soviet cartridges until the wall came down and you could trade a Makarov for a pair of jeans on any street corner in Berlin.

Paperweights? Once the zombie apocalypse hits, you can trade them to stupid liberals and don’t tell them to clean their guns..... again, nothing wrong with shooting them. Just clean your guns well after.

Sirhr

Last edited: