• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help w/ LBT Ballistic Panel QD Attachment

thehaunt

Private
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2013
Temecula,Calif
My wife bought me this LBT QD Ballistic Panel (Quick Release Assault Panel - Featured London Bridge Trading Inc.) for Father's Day. LBT was having a 1/2 off sale. Unfortunately she thought the panel also included the plate carrier vest.If you look at the item w/o looking at the smaller pix one could understand how she could think that- her not knowing anything about what she was buying.I'll take the blame. I should have guided her. Anyway I'm having trouble finding a reasonably priced ($200 is too much) vest or ? that the panel will attach to easily. I see a lot of vests but hardly any ,unless they are super expensive,that have QD attachment points.I know LBT has some but $200 is more than I need to spend and I don't need a plate carrier vest. I really don't need to carry more than the panel itself allows.Looking for decent quality and just something light,adjustable and utilitarian I can run and move with w/o being weighted down.Something that can be adjusted so that it won't move too much when I need to run. My friends and I go to the desert to shoot and we have a course set up that involves running and shooting w/ pistols and AR's from behind barriers,brush ,etc from all positions.I'm 67 and I have enough keeping up w/ them-they're all younger- w/o hauling around a bunch of excess weight. Thanks guys.

Im speculating here, I dont know how LBT gear works in conjunction with anything else, but you MIGHT be able to just add a set of shoulder straps to make that a chest rig if you dont need a full vest? Thinking something similar to this Load Bearing Chest Vest w/ Zipper - H-Harness Gear - Vests, H Gear & Carriers London Bridge Trading Inc. now again, I dont know LBT stuff, but the buckles on the rig you have look to be similar to the buckles on the H-Harness gear??? maybe you could order JUST the straps from them???

it didnt have a rear attachment? sorry the pics on the LBT site are kind of misleading. It looked like there was a buckle system on the rear of your rig? if so, if they will sell you just the H-Harness straps, it might just buckle into that too???

Good luck!

edit...i get what youre saying now, the lower rear point....Tactical Tailor sells Fastex Buckles with an open end to attach to MOLLE webbing. Get a set of those and a "XX" inch strap and be G2G?

Last edited:
The Slick Carrier is pretty tough to beat for $200 if you're looking for just a carrier to attach the QR Assault Panel to. I have an older 6094M & a Slick and wear them all the time for work / traveling, each has its benefits. A good thing about the Slick is when just toting plates it fits nicely under shells, fleeces and jackets. I bought mine for winter time use and it's been great for me.

My opinion is if you can pony up, buy the Slick if you're needing a plate carrier and have good set-up with the Panel. Shop around, even look at Ebay being careful of the vendors and watch for more sales from LBT.