• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help w max MOA rail for Razor 6x36

category_theory

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2020
SF Bay Area
So I need a little help math / technical help for my new Razor Gen 3 6x36.

Setup: 300 PRC shooting primarily 220 bergers doing about 2900 ft/s.
Razor Gen 3 6x36 w a mono mount w a 20 MOA base.

So my question is, what’s the max pic rail in MOA that I can get away w and still have a 100 yard zero? 20 I have found doesn’t work. Ie 40 total MOA.

How much more can you dial down?

Can't do the math without that number.

I was looking to do the same on a 6.5 Manbun for mile shooting.
Ended up with a 45 MOA rail. With it installed I was still able to zero at 100 yds and easily dial for the mile.

Problem was, it didn't like to return to the 100yd zero. Because the 100 zero was 2 clicks away from the stop, it would sometimes hang up a little and cause a windage shift.

If I had gone with a 30 or 40 base, I would have never had the issue.

I removed it and went back to the 20 MOA that I had been using and I hold 2 MILs above target.

You need to measure your actual results to know what you need. If you are zeroed at 100 yds, see how much adjustment remains in scope and subtract 1-2 MOA for zeroing different ammo. That is how much additional MOA you can use.

Max vertical adjustment for that scope is 120 MOA, in theory that is 60/60 MOA off a zero MOA base. Your bullet will drop about 2 MOA at 100yds and you will want some adjustment range to zero ammo so 56 MOA estimate, but in real life it never works out that way. Depends on everything from how true action is to barrel, how rigid is the barrel and weight at end of it like suppressor.

You need to measure your actual results to know what you need. If you are zeroed at 100 yds, see how much adjustment remains in scope and subtract 1-2 MOA for zeroing different ammo. That is how much additional MOA you can use.

Max vertical adjustment for that scope is 120 MOA, in theory that is 60/60 MOA off a zero MOA base. Your bullet will drop about 2 MOA at 100yds and you will want some adjustment range to zero ammo so 56 MOA estimate, but in real life it never works out that way. Depends on everything from how true action is to barrel, how rigid is the barrel and weight at end of it like suppressor.
Ok so that’s what I was curious about. The zero w a 0 MOA base should be at the half way mark of the 120, ie 60/60. So in “theory” you could get a 60 MOA base assuming “no drop” and then have the full 120 up… that was ultimately how I thought it worked but needed verification. Thank you!

Ok so that’s what I was curious about. The zero w a 0 MOA base should be at the half way mark of the 120, ie 60/60. So in “theory” you could get a 60 MOA base assuming “no drop” and then have the full 120 up… that was ultimately how I thought it worked but needed verification. Thank you!
And before anyone says anything I know that that’s not how it works in practice….. :)

Mathematically a 60 base will work; in reality, it might not. A 60 MOA base DID NOT let me zero at 100 yards with my scope; bottomed out I was still 2.6 MILS high. I have an ERA-TAC adjustable base so I went with 50 MOA and all is good. With this set-up, I have over 31 MIL of UP elevation. YMMV

Reactions: category_theory
So here is the only thing that has me a little puzzled. I was shooting fairly medium sized loads for fire forming out to 100 yards and the 40 MOA set up was still bottoming out by at least a few degrees not allowing me to get the zero… I would assume (given the above) that 40 should be more than fine…. Thoughts here?