• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HELP w/ Rainier Evolution rail

cox308

BAMF
Minuteman
Nov 24, 2011
United States, Hawaii
I ordered 2 Evo rails from Rainier for a couple AR15 uppers. These are the 11" modular rails by Samson if you're not familiar.

Im fitting them to Palmetto State Armory uppers with m4 barrels.

The problem is that one fits perfectly and the other one doesn't. The upper rail's are not sitting flush. The Evo rail seams to fit about .010 or more higher than the rail on my flat top.

The boxes are the same with the same sku numers but the rails themselfs have different #'s. The one that fits has marked 11/14-M and the one that dosent fit has 11/16-P.

Do these numbers mean anything? Did Rainier or Samson mix up the packaging and send the wrong one? Or is it a out of spec rail??

Just wanted some advise before I attempt to contact Rainier (which will be probably impossible) Please advise.

link to actual part: http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=2963

Re: HELP w/ Rainier Evolution rail

I would call (if you can get thru) Rainier.
I used one with CMMG lower and it fit perfectly.
YMMV

I have the 11 Samson rail that I assume is the same thing just with different shape cuts in the rail. It lines up perfect with the uppers I have. How do the rails match up if your remove them and place them back to back for comparison? If they are the same dimensions then try reversing the clamp on heat shields positions on the barrel nut. I have found if they are reversed I can't get the rail to line up and slide on at all.

Yes. I too tried reversing the plates. It can't be done. One is slightly taller than the other when put back to back. I couldn't get ahold of Rainier via phone. I emailed them yesterday. I got an auto response email about slow responce times. I'm sure they will take care of me one way or another. Just have to wait:/ too bad I won't be able to exchange it because these are out of stock like everything else.

You might have a larger diameter barrel nut. I had the same problem with mine except my barrel nut was smaller so the rail would creep forward. I replaced the barrel nut and everything works fine now.