• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help. What is this?

prebancolt

Living The Dream
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 2, 2008
    NC
    I was in a local shop this weekend and ran across this in the used reloading section. The worker didn't know what it was, it came in with a large lot of stuff. If you have any idea, please share. There are no identifying marks or labels that would help. I should have plugged it in to see what was listed on the display, but I didn't think about it when I was there.

20220919_112457.jpg

20220919_112433.jpg

It was hollow all the way down to the orange material. Then, just some black substance. I couldn't tell what it was.

That grey box with buttons is temperature controller from ebay. So I would guess this is for some bullet casting? Or lubing.

Looks like a lubesizer to me! The black stuff was likely lube left over.

Pretty neat

It's definitely a lubesizer. The guys over at Cast Boolits would probably know the make and model.

why it almost looks like a hole punch circa 1802 yes all that metal just to punch holes in paper .now you to can punch paper holes to. :rolleyes: :oops:

You can see the orange silicone heat tape around the black lube reservoir tube in the back.
    Absolutely a lubrisizer, possibly even able to swage bullets by the amount of leverage that appears it has.

Ok, that makes sense. I had the opportunity to get it cheaply, but didn't know what it was. And I still don't have a need for it. Thanks gentlemen for the help, it is greatly appreciated.

J