• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help, who can translate this, hebrew to english

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    1618613443666.png

Just long pressed and did a search in Google lens to translate. It might do better if it can see better contrast on the areas it didn't translate.
    Screenshot_20210416-170734_Google.jpg

Reactions: camocorvette
    Just long pressed and did a search in Google lens to translate. It might do better if it can see better contrast on the areas it didn't translate. View attachment 7605980
    I got as far as "To Ashkenaz Or(i) in appreciation of" by manually trying to figure out the letters via a virtual Hebrew keyboard. The text above the seal, though, I can't get properly. Partial translation might be "His cover is dark"?

Hi
    To Captain Uri Askenazy

In Appeeciation

From the chief and crew of the vehicle workshop

December 12 1968

It was once very popular to give such works of art as an unofficial tokens of appreciation made from ammunition and gun parts.
    In this case it's a part of something called Channokiya (I hope I spelled it right) used to light candles in the Channuka.
    Every house had such things when I was a child.
    Hope this helps