• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Range Report Help with 140gr hybrids

darkhorse95

Private
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2017
Ive never had so much trouble getting stuff to shoot as i do with my .260 remington and heavier bullets. I haven't put a new barrel on it yet as ive decided to learn what i need and want in precision rifle rather than just go buy everything at once.

So i havent gotten the 140gr hybrids to shoot consistant. What ive found is that with the lower grained bullets the quicker i shot them the more consistancy i saw in my groups. Reaching pressure before i get sub 3/4 inch consistancy 100 yards has me in an intresting spot. The 140gr RDFs i tried shot fantastic loaded with a 40 thou jump but refused to shoot anything shorter than mag lengh consistant.

I have 49 hybrids left and dont really want to buy another box to play with if i cant get these last 49 to shoot anything consistant.

So ... is it worth it to try to get them to shoot or should i switch now and save the powder and time?

A loades round hits my lands with an overal length of 2.995 and my mag can run them good at a max lengh of 2.860. Twist rate is 1-8.

Powder i have on hand is h4831, h4350, h414, and varger. Brass i have on hand is lapua and alpha.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

My Tikka 260 will shoot pretty much any 139 - 142 bullet with 42.0gr H4350 with an coal of 2.800" under 1 MOA at 100 yards. At 2.860" coal, try around 42.5gr H4350.

Sometimes a particular bullet just wont shoot in that barrel. I hade a 1-10 300WM barrel that didn't really shoot 215 hybrid better then 3/4 moa. Re-barreled same spec as the other one and it shoot 1/2 or better with the same load. don't know why???