• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help with 20 MOA base setup

crowsniper1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2003
ky.
I have a Howa 1500 LA , 20 MOA steel bases ,burris 30mm rings and a 16X super sniper mounted up on top.
I used the thick base at the rear-short one up front mounted up my scope and used most of my adjustment to get a 200 yard zero.What have i done wrong with my setup? You can look at my turret and see how high it is cranked up.I figured it would be cranked down with a 20 MOA setup.
8219572972_4f44dd3ef4_b.jpg

8217554971_e65ac553b9_b.jpg

Re: Help with 20 MOA base setup

It looks like your ok on the bases, has the scope been used and oked on another rifle? Would guess a scope issue. May throw another scope in this setup to check.

I have used the scope on a .243 rifle a couple weeks ago with no issues.
I had a leupold 2-10x40 on this rifle not long ago with no issues ,i really dont know why i lost all the "up" on the scope with this setup

you'll never know how many MOA base you have unless they are one piece. On two piece bases, the distance between them can increase or decrease the amount of slope.
hope this helps.

Maybe you caps are set high? When you zero the turrets are they pushed all the way down?? Even that said tho my ss10x42 has tons of top end left on 20moa.