• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with 30 Cal. Can

VodooGator

Private
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2023
Houston
Thanks for the help all. I need some help picking a new can. I have a Nomad L and love it, but it is heavy. At the time of purchase in 2021 I was seriously considering the Nomad LT, but was scared of titanium. I now want a smaller, lighter can and have boiled the decision down to:

Stainless:

1. Nomad 30 - if you would have asked me 12 months ago, this is what I would have purchased and sort of compared everything to
  2. Enticer S - Seems to be a great can at a great price, but don't love that it appears to be not as tough as the nomad based on firing schedules and barrel minimums
Titanium: I am not a huge mag dump guy, but still somewhat fearful of limitations in the future for classes, etc.

1. Nomad Ti
  2. New Silencerco Scythe - Being all titanium, I am a bit scared of how it will hold up
  3. Enticer S Ti

I suppose first I need to decide what material I want then decide on a can.

If titanium, which one will be the most rugged? I am planning on using the can on a 18" .308 an 8" 300 Blk and various full length 556

I definitely chase decibels (hints the Nomad Lt purchase), but now want something that performs well that is shorter and lighter.

don't overthink this. you had good success with the nomad but want lighter. so buy the nomad TI. there ya go.

Titanium is fine. You'll never get it that hot with a bolt gun. Just don't toss it on an AR with a bump stock.

I don't think you can talk about reputable companies and Qc when you're pushing Otter creek? the fuck is an otter creek??

nothing wrong with dead air that's just speculation from manufacturers without market stake.

Do they give you a penny every time you recommend them?
Nope, I don’t get paid by anyone, but if someone is going to mention the Nomad Ti series and Enticer Ti series, might as well throw the Hydrogens in the mix, since they’re literally all 3 equal in performance when comparing similar length models. PEW Science proved that. You wouldn’t hate if you had any personal experience with them…You would know they’re not just hype. They’re quality cans, why hate? Andrew had been around longer than DD has…. Not by much, but still, because everyone always points out this “new company blah blah blah” then recommends Diligent Defense. I always thought that was funny.

I don't think you can talk about reputable companies and Qc when you're pushing Otter creek? the fuck is an otter creek??

nothing wrong with dead air that's just speculation from manufacturers without market stake.
Sit down Jr…. You’re in over your head. 😂 I’m a huge DA fan, but you obviously have been living under a damn rock claiming their QC issues as “speculation”. Have you ever heard of the Sierra 5? There’s this newfangled thing called Google…I’d recommend using it before arguing and making idiotic claims like that was simply people with market stakes creating drama. 🤦🏼

Sit down Jr…. You’re in over your head. 😂 I’m a huge DA fan, but you obviously have been living under a damn rock claiming their QC issues as “speculation”. Have you ever heard of the Sierra 5?
we were not talking about the Sierra 5 and if you're talking about issues with one single product that was released that's hardly systemic QC issues. and quite frankly I can't take you seriously after pushing otter creek - maybe we should go to the local pawn shop later and get some Anderson lowers too because "they're just as good" or maybe spend a bunch of money on savages with barrel nuts, or buy arken scopes.

Thanks for the help all. I need some help picking a new can. I have a Nomad L and love it, but it is heavy. At the time of purchase in 2021 I was seriously considering the Nomad LT, but was scared of titanium. I now want a smaller, lighter can and have boiled the decision down to:

Stainless:

1. Nomad 30 - if you would have asked me 12 months ago, this is what I would have purchased and sort of compared everything to
  2. Enticer S - Seems to be a great can at a great price, but don't love that it appears to be not as tough as the nomad based on firing schedules and barrel minimums
Titanium: I am not a huge mag dump guy, but still somewhat fearful of limitations in the future for classes, etc.

1. Nomad Ti
  2. New Silencerco Scythe - Being all titanium, I am a bit scared of how it will hold up
  3. Enticer S Ti

I suppose first I need to decide what material I want then decide on a can.

If titanium, which one will be the most rugged? I am planning on using the can on a 18" .308 an 8" 300 Blk and various full length 556

I definitely chase decibels (hints the Nomad Lt purchase), but now want something that performs well that is shorter and lighter.
If you're chasing decibels, then Enticer Lti. Theyre 10.3 oz, so 70% less than your L. The cost savings over the LT is about equal to a tax stamp and sales tax.

Love them, have them, sell them commercially. I wish DD gave me a penny every time I pimped them.

we were not talking about the Sierra 5 and if you're talking about issues with one single product that was released that's hardly systemic QC issues. and quite frankly I can't take you seriously after pushing otter creek - maybe we should go to the local pawn shop later and get some Anderson lowers too because "they're just as good" or maybe spend a bunch of money on savages with barrel nuts, or buy arken scopes.
In fairness, you can find at least a handful of Nomad Ti cans that people have launched due to weld failures, here on the hide. Usually takes months to get them back from warranty repair as well. I was never a DA fan, and things haven't improved for me.

In fairness, you can find at least a handful of Nomad Ti cans that people have launched due to weld failures, here on the hide. Usually takes months to get them back from warranty repair as well. I was never a DA fan, and things haven't improved for me.
I have a nomad ti and say a little prayer before each range session that it stays together lol. I think I would just spend the money on tbac ultra 7 or Abel ti can. In defense to my nomad ti it sounds great and shoots good with several rifles.

Actually they’ve had Ti weld issues for a few years now, also been having some end cap apertures not being machined on-centers (I actually have 2 of these slightly off-center end caps on my my Sandman-S cans), also very recently seeing some Sandman-S cans popping up on the web with the same Stellite issues as the Sierra now, and some KeyMos were not welded on straight To the Sandman cans causing baffle strikes. So, it’s not isolated. Learn to use the internet.

The fact you think I would even own a POS Savage or Anderson is hilarious. The fact you think OCL cans are garbage is also hilarious. The fact you think DD cans are not in the exact same scenario as OCL cans is also hilarious, despite DD not even being around as long as Otter Creek has been. You keep showing us your ignorance with every post, so by all means, keep Fudding it up. This is getting hilarious. 😂👍🏼

Last edited:
I have a nomad ti and say a little prayer before each range session that it stays together lol. I think I would just spend the money on tbac ultra 7 or Abel ti can. In defense to my nomad ti it sounds great and shoots good with several rifles.
Too many good cans out there to be rolling the dice. I dont envy your position, but I'm sure if you havent launched yours by now you’ll be fine. Never a bad decision to do a TBAC.

Too many good cans out there to be rolling the dice. I dont envy your position, but I'm sure if you havent launched yours by now you’ll be fine. Never a bad decision to do a TBAC.
All 4 of my DA cans have been fine, but they were all built before there was any real issues getting reported. My Nomad-LT has been excellent. My Sandman-S cans have been ok…Slightly off-center end caps, but so far not enough to have any issues. My Mask HD has been a solid performer, as well. But right now, I’m with y’all, I wouldn’t risk rolling the dice until they get things back under control.

If you don't know who otter creek is you should rremain silent in can threads.

Reactions: FuhQ
Tbac, otter creek or KGM would be my choice.

Hard to beat this deal:

I have a 30 cal Griffin Explorr. Very light and very good can. 10oz

I don’t have any of their cans but have one of their muzzle devices the liberty bell from Liberty Precision Machine with a DA Nomad L on it and really like their muzzle device. They now have a couple suppressors out, the Anthem series is a 30 cal can and seems to have very good reviews. If I had the spare change to order another can it would be one from Liberty Precision Machine, Deligent Defense, or Otter Creek.

I don’t have any of their cans but have one of their muzzle devices the liberty bell from Liberty Precision Machine with a DA Nomad L on it and really like their muzzle device. They now have a couple suppressors out, the Anthem series is a 30 cal can and seems to have very good reviews. If I had the spare change to order another can it would be one from Liberty Precision Machine, Deligent Defense, or Otter Creek.
No personal experience with LPM, but Andrew (OCL) is good friends with them, and talks really highly of them and and their cans. I've heard him specially mention the Anthem .30 and Spark .22 cans. 👍🏼

Reactions: SCGunner84
No personal experience with LPM, but Andrew (OCL) is good friends with them, and talks really highly of them and and their cans. I've heard him specially mention the Anthem .30 and Spark .22 cans. 👍🏼
Their customer service is great too, they made a mistake and sent me the wrong thread pitch on my Liberty bell and not only did they ship me the correct item but they told me to just keep the other one.

I would also give a strong consideration to Abel Co. Supporters of the 'Hide and produce very high quality cans.

Their Theorem series is titanium, and comes in 3 different sizes.
I read great things about that company as well.

Andrew and Riley were in the Form 1 game at the same time. Both were active members on the old F1 board, that was jacked by the brown shirts

Another vote for thunderbeast. Just go with the best product with great customer service and they actually build their cans. Dead air does not make their suppressors and they more of a middle man. If you wait a bit, Thunderbeast will come out with a suppressor that has a brake on the end of it. Add a little bit of salt to your peppr.