• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with 590A1 SPX ghost ring sights

JelloStorm

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Northeast Pennsylvania
Hey all, been trying to get more information on the Mossberg 590A1 SPX ghost ring setup. I'm trying to find a part number to install a tritium dot but even Mossberg's own customer service couldn't help me. The 590A1 comes in like 4 different ghost ring setups so finding the correct part I need is proving to be rather difficult.. Mossberg can't even tell me if a fiber optic front sight post ships with it or what... :/

Here are the front dimensions from my Mossberg 590A1 14". Any other brand of
sight close to these dimensions can be fitted to your dovetail. There may be several front sight options based on the factory barrel length. I have had several SBS shotgun barrels (mossberg & remington 870's) ported etc. by Vang Comp; consider contacting them to see if they have any sights for sale; they routinely sell the rear ghost sights +/- rails etc.
I looked @ Numrich but no front sights available. Bingo- Midway USA!

IMG_9868Mossberg 590A1 14%22 Tritium Front Sight Dimensions 01.31.24.jpg
IMG_9870Mossberg 590A1 14%22 Tritium Front Sight Dimensions 01.31.24.jpg
IMG_9872Mossberg 590A1 14%22 Tritium Front Sight Dimensions 01.31.24.jpg
IMG_9869Mossberg 590A1 14%22 Tritium Front Sight Dimensions 01.31.24.jpg
IMG_9871Mossberg 590A1 14%22 Tritium Front Sight Dimensions 01.31.24.jpg
IMG_3347Mossberg 590A1 with Asgard Defense Forward Shell Holder Photos copy 3.JPG
IMG_4372a copy 2.jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 7.14.31 PM.png

Hey all, been trying to get more information on the Mossberg 590A1 SPX ghost ring setup. I'm trying to find a part number to install a tritium dot but even Mossberg's own customer service couldn't help me. The 590A1 comes in like 4 different ghost ring setups so finding the correct part I need is proving to be rather difficult.. Mossberg can't even tell me if a fiber optic front sight post ships with it or what... :/
Which 590 a1 SPX? What's the Mossberg sku #? Post some pics.

One work-around is to just mount a red dot on a "see thru" taller mount to allow viewing of BUIS. ("see-thru" just means the mount is hollow thru the center to allow viewing of the target)

The red dot would allow you to basically ignore the BUIS that you don't like.

Last edited:
Which 590 a1 SPX? What's the Mossberg sku #? Post some pics.

One work-around is to just mount a red dot on a "see thru" taller mount to allow viewing of BUIS. ("see-thru" just means the mount is hollow thru the center to allow viewing of the target)

The red dot would allow you to basically ignore the BUIS that you don't like.

Yeah that's the one! Sku #50771. I really like the sights because I think they will co-witness with a red dot optic and that's why I'm interested in them. But I asked Mossberg about the front sight itself and if it was like AR15 where you install another front sight post with tritium for example and the customer service had no idea. They couldn't even tell me what the true purpose of the raised sights were... I think they're to co-witness but who knows.

Yeah that's the one! Sku #50771. I really like the sights because I think they will co-witness with a red dot optic and that's why I'm interested in them. But I asked Mossberg about the front sight itself and if it was like AR15 where you install another front sight post with tritium for example and the customer service had no idea. They couldn't even tell me what the true purpose of the raised sights were... I think they're to co-witness but who knows.
Unfortunately they aren't easily replaced sight posts like on an AR.