• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Help with 700 problem

Bigbuckeye

Private
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2012
Columbus, Oh
Guys,

I need some help with my AAC SD in 308. I had the rifle set up perfectly for me and then i decided to ruin that by making it "better."

I decided to add a Timney trigger which i installed with no apparent issues. However, after getting the trigger where i wanted it and reinstalling back in my Macmillian A3-5 stock with Surgeon bottom metal, I cant cycle the bolt without it deckocking.

When I remove it from the stock, it cycles perfectly. I have looked it over and cant identify anywhere that it is binding.

Any ideas?

Also, fyi, the Timeny is prettynice, but not significantly better than the stock trigger...wish i wouldnt have made the change.

You'll find that the timney is far superior to the stock trigger. Well at least mine was. I did have the previous generation of m700 trigger.

As far as your binding, I'm not sure. I would recheck your work and make sure you have your BM in set correctly.

Also, something of note, when you push the button to remove the bolt, I sometimes have to dry fire it for the catch to take and make sure the bolt won't come out again. I love my Timney.

I think I found the issue. I thought the Surgeon Bottom metal was a perfect fit, turns out, it was just a little too tight where the trigger passes through and it was keeping the trigger from resetting. I filed the opening slightly and now it appears to work fine. Just need another trip to the range to make sure.