• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HELP with a name.

Cserv

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
wherever I may roam...
Ok, I'm getting kind of desperate. Have 3 weeks left until my wife's due date, and we still don't have any solid winner for a name.
blush.gif
Thought some of you fellows may be able to help a brother out with a unique, strong, name for a boy. That can't be shortened or have a stupid nickname made from. And goes with a last name like Cservak(pronounced by dropping the C). Hope something good comes of this, but expect some flack. Thanks,
Eric

Re: HELP with a name.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dolph </div></div>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G6ryQ8N_Lv0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G6ryQ8N_Lv0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Not good, not good ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcfd2201</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eric Hunter Cservak and call him Hunter.</div></div> Nice suggestion, but I've already used my name for my first son, who passed after 15 hours. Guess I should've clarified my namesake wasn't an option. I like the Hunter part, though the wife not so much. Says "what if he's not a hunter", I said she was being too literal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maser</div></div> OOOHHHH you're a FUNNY MF Shank. I'm new, not a dumb ass. Good try though.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maser </div></div>

scowlingbaby.png

Call him "Astley."

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZOU8GIRUd_g"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZOU8GIRUd_g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Sorry for your loss Eric. My wife had a miscarriage prior to this current pregnancy and that was hard enough I can't even imagine the pain of losing one after birth. Glad to hear that you are getting a new shooting buddy soon and that all seems well. I am fairly good with names and will gladly offer some suggestions. Throw your middle name out there or PM it to me and I will come up with a few more for ya.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Talon.</span> Could refer to an Eagles Talon or even better the AC130 Talon, AC130's are pretty damn masculine!

People across the street named their kid "Gavin."

Don't sweat it. You've got plenty of time. I didn't name my second daughter until the next day.

My wife was sure that our first would be a boy. I was going to name him Frank Zane. Never met a sissy named Frank.

http://www.behindthename.com/

Good source to find out exactly what the name means if you are interested in a strong namesake.

would be a lot easier to give name suggestions if we knew what angle you were going for. Religious heritage, family heritage, specific meaning, just something to call the boy, etc.

Before we knew what our daughter was going to be we discussed names and decided on a girl name on the first day, it took months before we could agree on a boy's name.

My parents named my siblings and me when we each were born.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Never met a sissy named Frank.

</div></div>

What about Galli?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't sweat it. You've got plenty of time. I didn't name my second daughter until the next day.

My wife was sure that our first would be a boy. I was going to name him Frank Zane. Never met a sissy named Frank.

</div></div>
frankburns.jpg

Not familiar with "Galli"?

The pic of the guy.. from MASH? I'm pushin 40, but never watched a single episode.

earthtrekker1775 said:
http://www.behindthename.com/

Good source to find out exactly what the name means if you are interested in a strong namesake.

would be a lot easier to give name suggestions if we knew what angle you were going for. Religious heritage, family heritage, specific meaning, just something to call the boy, etc.

No specific angle really, just wanting an original, strong name for the little man to carry through life. We are kicking around the thought of somehow including our father's names or parts of their name's, as they both passed 3yrs ago from CA. Her's in Aug. and mine the day before my birthday in Oct. My Dad's name was MSgt. Leonard Wayne Burling(raised me from 11)and her Dad was Larry Dale Jones. We both enjoy being outdoors, she hunts and fishes,and shoots with me, we camp, canoe, hike,etc... She loves the ocean(that's why we are where we are(for now)and mountains. I'm from NW Oklahoma, she's from W.Missouri. My Dad was a decorated Vietnam Vet.3 tours SF and her's a brick mason.
There's a little more info for y'all to work off of. Appreciate the suggestions so far. Except Shank, but what do you expect.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Joe or Joseph. Both solid names.</div></div> This was on my list but after my Dad passed my mom hooked up w/ a hillbilly in Ga. named Joe (4 yrs my senior) and it ruined it for me. Even though it was my Great Grandfathers name. She compares him to my Dad, and the guy claims to have been a "Sniper", I have my doubts. But hey...

Name the kid Steele - not common, not bitch and it goes well with your last name.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not familiar with "Galli"?

The pic of the guy.. from MASH? I'm pushin 40, but never watched a single episode. </div></div>

Frank Burns he was. And what about calling the kid Uzi?

Jackson, short to Jake.
Zachary, short to Zack.
Chase, great middle name.
Hunter, also a great middle name.

Cheers,

Doc

How about Mason?

Mason Wayne Cservak?

Lee
Chase
Justice
Walker
Jackson

Bonesaw!
The Kraken!
Pennwise!

I hope everything goes well and you have a fun time finding the perfect name. I am only half-serious about the last three names, use at your own discretion.

(Doc, I think I accidentally hijacked your wavelength! You beat me by five minutes and we both came up with a couple of the same suggestions. Strange.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: konabully</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sue.

Johnny Cash would be proud.
grin.gif

</div></div>

You beat me to it !!!!!
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Gunner/Gunnar Cservak.

Sounds like a total bad ass.

He can then have buy those wheels of tickets and write his name and number on it and say "here ya go baby, it's a ticket to the gun show".

Instant WIN

Mike is what we picked for a boy name if we are so lucky, We will find out on 12/3/10. Was there anaything special going on in your life around the time you got pregnant, or found out?

Jackson was my vote. Jack Czervak sounds cool. mix up the spelling maybe? Jaxon-Jax, Jaqueson-Jaq maybe?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave_</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bobby Lee Cservak</div></div>
Nice "Shooter" reference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lex Luther</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike is what we picked for a boy name if we are so lucky, We will find out on 12/3/10. Was there anaything special going on in your life around the time you got pregnant? </div></div>

I WAS GETTIN' SOME!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Cheers,

Doc

Cash!
I named my second son Cash Cole after Johnny Cash and Cole Younger.. My first son was Devin Atom Martin (DAM) . He was going to be Devilin after the Devil and Ms Jones but the Missus said no way..
Good luck.
George of the Jungle