• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with a QD Arca Clamp?

Rprecision

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2011
Progressive Hell, CO
Sorry this is a amateur tripod question

I have a feisol carbon fiber tripod I bought before thr RRS stuff became a thing.

It's been a great tripod and has a good ball head. What I dislike is the clamp. It has a thumbscrew, is slow and doesn't seem to fit everything.

I have a MPA hybrid Chassis which has a "Rats 1.5" Arca rail" built into the forearm. It doesn't seem like the clamp grabs this rail.

Who makes a good clamp that has a throw lever? That would seem to be faster and hopefully integrates into the rail on the gun.

School me, I haven't kept up with this stuff

Arca-swiss is an old loose not really standard standard so most of the mounts use thumb screws to account for the variations in plate sizes. A bunch of companies make quick release clamps that are adjustable so you can match it to the plates you have. adjustable arca clamp
If you go with RRS you will need to buy their plate as well. Their plate spec is around 1-2mm smaller than what is typically found so the quick release won't fully close on generic plates. The advantage tho is if you buy more of their stuff you know it will just work.

Reactions: Rprecision