• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Help with aac cyclone poa/poi issue

seven mm

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2006
NE
Here is my problem-

On the first round I fire I am have a poa/poi issue, it is consistently 3/4 moa low. Rounds 2 through whenever I quit shooting are at poa. If I let the rifle sit for 5-10 minutes it will again be 3/4 moa low on the first shot then back to poa on subsequent rounds. Thought it may be the rifle so I switched the can over to my 223ai, it will have a poa/poi change for 1-2 rounds then hit poa.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

Re: Help with aac cyclone poa/poi issue

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you using any type of thread adapter?</div></div>

Nope direct thread 5/8x24.

If it isn't you, then it sounds like a problem that is affected by temperature.

Is this a new setup or a problem that has started on an older one?

It's not me, it doesn't do it without a can. I just can't figure out what is causing it. It's an older can.

What ammo are you shooting? My Cyclone doesnt shift at all..... how tight is the threading in which the can is going on? Does your can ever feel loose after you shoot it?

Whats your rifle, caliber, and barrel length?

Doesn't change a bit when it's hot. change is when it's going from first round to subsequent rounds.

tight threads, no loose feeling after shooting at all,

doesn't really matter what rifle, r700 6x47 lapua 22" barrel, takes two rounds to settle down when I'm shooting my 223ai.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seven mm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doesn't change a bit when it's hot. change is when it's going from first round to subsequent rounds.

tight threads, no loose feeling after shooting at all,

doesn't really matter what rifle, r700 6x47 lapua 22" barrel, takes two rounds to settle down when I'm shooting my 223ai. </div></div>

Actually it does matter what rifle and who did the work.... the threading holds your suppressor in place, thats also pretty crucial.

Handloads or factory ammo?

Man i have a cyclone too and i do NOT have that problem. have you checked to make sure you havent had a baffle strike. and just out of spite what cal can do you have?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: delta9mda</div><div class="ubbcode-body">call aac</div></div>

Spoke with them yesterday for a while. Their initial thought was due to the 30 cal can with 6mm bullet coupled with O2 in the can during the first round or two resulting in a poa/poi discrepancy.

O2 in the can is shifting your bullet flight??? Seems the density of clean O2 would be much less than the products of combustion that fill the can in subsequent shots which should effect bullet flight more. I'd like that one 'splained a bit more.

Ever notice how the first round fired sounds a little more loud then the following rounds? Thats First Round Pop. Trapped air does have affects on projectiles. But I shoot 6mm type rounds out of 308 cans all the time. not sure how this is playing out...