• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

help with aics and 300 rum

bad_ass_bowtie64

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2009
i have a remington 300 rum police in an aics and am having mag probs. i cant find any mags that are for the ultra. took the ones i have to a gunsmith and he couldnt make it work. any ideas?

Re: help with aics and 300 rum

The problem with the Remington Ultramags in the AICS magazines is the length of the rim to the shoulder. The two deeply stamped strengthening ribs in the magazine body are placed too far back for the Ultramag brass to fit. The .300 Ultramag is 2.387" from rim to shoulder. The .338 Ultramag is 2.296" from rim to shoulder. The .338 Lapua is 2.161" and the .300 Win Mag is 2.196" from rim to shoulder. That's the reason why neither the Lapua or Win Mag AICS magazines will work with Ultramag brass without modification. One solution is to remove the strengthening ribs via grinding or machining. The magazines then have an open slot machined in them that exposes the cartridges,follower and spring to foreign material. How you cover those slots over is up to you.