• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with an old Marlin/Glennfield 60

Metalhead0483

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2008
Brunswick, GA
Hey all, my old man just gave me a piece of my childhood. My first rifle, an old Marlin/Glennfield model 60. I thought he got rid of it years ago so I'm pretty psyched to have it. Problem is at some point since I last shot it someone (I suspect one of my cousins) tried to "fix" it and ended up pretty much destroying the action assembly. I.e this thing http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/712200.htm The old parts (those that aren't just missing outright) are completely unsalvageable.

Obviously Numerich is out of stock. Does anyone have any idea where I could find one? I'd really like to get this old thing up and running again so I can give it to MY kids someday... ;)

Thanks!

Parts gun from a local pawn shop. Stock and barrel may be beat up,
but the internals of the action are usually salvageable, and cheap too.

Parts gun from a local pawn shop. Stock and barrel may be beat up,
but the internals of the action are usually salvageable, and cheap too.

Probably the cheapest route. Can usually pick up the Glenfields for around $100, and you can just swap actions if need be.

Hmmm, I hadn't thought about that. No pawn shops around here, but Gunbroker's not a bad idea. Of course even just a $40 rifle is going to cost me $80 with Shipping. I love Alaska, but sometimes it does have its drawbacks...

Thanks for the tip.

Heh, never mind. I never even thought to look on ebay. There's a ton of 'em hanging around in the $40 range. Expensive, but what price do I put on my childhood? ;)