• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help with ATACR 4-16 zero stop? No clicks when dialing down

bllistc

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2019
I was setting the zero stop on my ATACR 4-16. Went to test it and it clicks when dialing up but not when dialing down below zero. It hits a wall then moves without clicks. Any ideas whats going on with it? Haven't taken it to the range to test if its affecting zero.

Last edited:
It’s a zero stop, it’s designed so that way you can’t go below that point.

It’s a zero stop, it’s designed so that way you can’t go below that point.

The 4-16x42 has the zero hold system which is designed to go 1.5-2 mil below zero

The 4-16x42 has the zero hold system which is designed to go 1.5-2 mil below zero

Ah, my fault. I forgot it has Zero Hold, I was going off of him saying Zero Stop. I have the Zero Stop on my 1-8 and 7-35 ATACRs.

OP, are you dialing in the 2mil below your zero when you do this? Or are you leaving it at the zero? I’m guessing that’s your problem.

Make sure you read the manual when zeroing. The Zero Hold features has to be setup right. I made the same mistake when I just zeroed regularly and didnt follow the zero hold procedure. Zeroing that thing is my least favorite part of the optic.

Ah, my fault. I forgot it has Zero Hold, I was going off of him saying Zero Stop. I have the Zero Stop on my 1-8 and 7-35 ATACRs.

OP, are you dialing in the 2mil below your zero when you do this? Or are you leaving it at the zero? I’m guessing that’s your problem.

Not sure what you mean. I take the turret cap off once zeroed and take out the 4 tiny phillips head screws on the clutch, turn the clutch all the way down then back off about 1/4 turn, then put the screws back in. According to the manual, this should allow me to dial 1.5-2 mil below.

Yea what you described is happening to me when I turn it down below zero. It went down to 0.5mil then kinda of stops but you can push past it without it clicking. Then it clicks when turning back up. The black clamp is turn down though. If I turn it down all the way it turns 0.1 mil below zero and stops completely.

Nightforce offices are closed until Tuesday so I'll have to give them a call then.

Not sure what you mean. I take the turret cap off once zeroed and take out the 4 tiny phillips head screws on the clutch, turn the clutch all the way down then back off about 1/4 turn, then put the screws back in. According to the manual, this should allow me to dial 1.5-2 mil below.

Do you dial in 2mil below zero as per the instructions? If not, go to page 9.

465145DA-0E60-4C58-8832-27BDD79BF036.jpeg