• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Help with AX AICS and scope mount with suppressor

strojo

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2008
Connecticut, USA
First up, I'm a relative newbie to the precision shooting game...

So, I've got my AX AICS with a Badger 20MOA rail attached and a Nightforce 3.5-15x50mm scope ready to go. I've also got a YHM 7.62ti can waiting for paperwork to come back. What I need to figure out is the best mounting solution.

I'd like something that has QD, like an ADM scope mount. My plan is to also use the scope on my LMT MWS.

Understanding that I need to clear the AX chassis and the diameter of the can, will the ring height of 1.47" on the ADM be too high or too low? Will I run out of adjustment with the scope if I'm that high off the bore? Will I have enough adjustment on the cheekpiece on the AX AICS to accomodate the height?

Thanks for the feedback...trying to avoid buying the wrong mount out of the gate.

Re: Help with AX AICS and scope mount with suppressor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get it while it is being offered to SH Members at a discount ...

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2969483&gonew=1#UNREAD</div></div>

Appreciate the idea, but it's more than I need on this build. Plus, my base is already 20MOA, so adding another 25MOA may be too much.

I was actually wondering the same thing. I was contemplating between the AICS 2.0 or the AI AX chassis and wanted to know about quick detach scope mounts. I know that with the AX chassis the ring height needed to be 1.375 if you have a 56mm lens and 1.265 if you had the 50mm lens. GG&G and LaRue Tactical have one piece QD mounts that look pretty solid so I was wondering if anybody here had any info on either. Also both mounts have zero moa so that won't interfere with the moa already in the scope rail. Thanks for anybody's input.

I ended up ordering the ADM-RECON-S mount from Brownells and it should be here on Thursday. I'll get the scope mounted up and post a picture so you can see it. I think this will be the best compromise to have the scope work on both the AX AICS and LMT MWS platforms.