• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Help with choosing an AR

onpointgun

Private
Minuteman
May 13, 2009
Ozawkie KS
www.usmusclecar.net
I am trying to choose between to different AR's I am looking for the one everyone thinks will be more accurate. I already own rifle #2 I just haven't fired it yet. And I have a good deal found on the SR15 if I sale mine I could get the SR15 for $300 or so.

Rifle #1 Knight's SR15 Match

Rifle #2 Is a little harder it is a custom build by Rainier Arms.

THE UPPER Sabre 18" CMV Fluted, DD 12.0 Lite Rail, M4 Upper Receiver, LMT BCG, LMT Charging Handle, Gas Tube, CMT Gas Block, Smith Vortex. THE LOWER POF P416 Gen II, Timney Trigger 3lb Comp, LMT SOPMOD, Magpul MIAD

Re: Help with choosing an AR

I know SR-15 is nice rifle,but why don't you take your rifle # 2 out and shoot it. I think with good glass, good ammo and good shooter behind either one of them ,you can't tell the difference.

I like my SR15 Match but for the money (unless it's a really really good deal) you can do better building your own or with one of the other top makers. How bad do you want to be a Knight's owner?

If I were to buy another AR platform I would look very hard at finding a Noveske or a Larue with their billet lower (via Stubborn Mule Outdoor Supply Arms / SMOAS Arms). LMT with the monolithic upper allowing the changing of barrel lengths and calibers is also something to consider for some folks. They all offer great rail systems too along with the VIS on the Noveske. Even the Colt 6724 is a great rifle for the money these days. The sky is the limit................ Build your own or buy factory.

On a side note the upper you have will most likely be a great shooter. Combo's built by Rainier or MSTN, ADCO, Compass Lake, White Oak, I bet would out perform the KAC. With saying that I can't say much for the Sabre barrel as I don't have any experience with them. Other folks have with good results though. POF lower with the Timney trigger is a sweet combo.

Granted the SR15 Match is a quality piece but it isn't any better than Noveske, Larue, or the LMT offering. You are paying for a name in my opinion.

This is just my .02¢ and am sure there are many many varying opinions out there.

Here is a picture of what I have. I am glad someone replied that has a SR-15 I think I will keep this one. And I do have a N4 Noveske also you are right nice rifle.

7246381.jpg

Does it have to be an AR? The Robinson Arm. XCR is very accurate and can go from a short barrel door kicker to a long barrel target rifle in about 2 min. max. It can also go from 5.56mm to 6.8 SPC or 7.62x39 just as fast.

The LMT AR's are very nice and can swap barrel's also. I like LWRC AR's with the gas piston, but they may not be the best for accuracy, they are more for reliability.

Having a Knight's is more about having the "name" to me. The N4 whether a Light or Stainless series is a tough package to beat without going custom build.

But if you had the extra cash and budget, having a Knight's in the collection isn't such a bad thing.

The grass isn't always greener on the otherside.

Krieger barrel w/factory headspaced bolt and Jewel trigger. Thats all you need. No reason to buy LaPoo